Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't it true that Cuban wants a collection of all-stars in Dallas? Why don't we grant him his wish by shipping him Francis in exchange for Steve Nash!! Cuban's afraid that he may not be able to resign Nash, so he might actually consider such a trade!
A Nash/Yao combo, oh that's almost too good to even dream about... anyways here's my proposed trade:

Dallas trades: SF Eduardo Najera (3.3 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 0.4 apg in 13.7 minutes)
C Shawn Bradley (3.1 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 0.2 apg in 12.1 minutes)
PG Steve Nash (14.1 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 8.0 apg in 33.2 minutes)
Dallas receives: SF Eric Piatkowski (4.8 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.5 apg in 27 games)
PG Steve Francis (16.6 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 5.9 apg in 46 games)

TRADE ACCEPTED

Dallas can always use another 3pt shooter in Piatkowski, and Houston can use a good defender like Najera. And I threw in Bradley just 'cuz it'd be funny having him backing up Yao at C (or playing together! Now that's what you call the twin towers!)

Honestly I don't think Francis will fit in too well with the Dallas line-up but then again I thought Walker and Jamison wouldn't fit in too well either. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I'm intrigued. Keep in mind that the team never played defense like this before JVG arrived. Whats to say Nash can't learn. I'm not so sure about the role players included in the deal.

Pike is out to add on the rockets side. I don't know about Najara and Bradley. Maybe a first rounder instead??? I'm not a contract man so I don't know if the numbers would work.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Originally posted by <b>coolkan</b>!
good its still a dream. Nash cant play defense and does not suit the rockets set play system. thank god people who matter dont think about this
You would be lucky to get Nash and the Rockets would be a much
better team with Nash there than with Francis.

It amazing how great a guy is defensively when he has two
7-foot shot blockers covering his back.

Nash is not a bad defender. I am not saying he is a good
defender but he is more than adequate. He is also a much
better point guard than Francis. Franchise is a great player but
I just don't think he makes the players around him better the way
Steve Nash does.

Anyway we are not interested in that trade.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Originally posted by <b>The Franchise</b>!

With his lack of perimeter defense and cluelessness in the transition game (defensively), he sure will struggle to fit in with Gumby. Nash is staying with the Mavs.
Nash isn't as good defensively as Francis, that I will concur. However, with Yao and Cato at the middle, Nash can just play tightly against the opponents and not worry about getting beat. My point is, with Nash at 1, Houston's offense will flow better than what they have now since Nash knows how to create and he himself a very good shooter. It is not about individual ability, by that obviously Francis is definitely a better talent, but in terms of chemistry. I know Gumby is tough on defense but he can let Mo Taylor play meaning minutes, why not Nash.

For the record, I didn't mean I like the original trade idea. I'm just stressing Nash's abilities. Oh, and he isn't that bad of a defender.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.