Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw this on espn, apparently Stevie was suspened indefintely for kicking a cameraman. I guess the Magic are fading faster than ever and are looking at the draft more and more everyday. This btw helps the Nets out. we have one of the softest schedule out of the Magic, Bulls, Pacers and Sixers. The Nets should finish 11-5 imo.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Magic are done...and they were been done when they traded Mobley...lost offense and Christie hasn't given them much...they'd be better off with a nice 3 guard of Mobley, Francis and Nelson...rotating in,..and Hill

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Nets24 said:
I just saw this on espn, apparently Stevie was suspened indefintely for kicking a cameraman. I guess the Magic are fading faster than ever and are looking at the draft more and more everyday. This btw helps the Nets out. we have one of the softest schedule out of the Magic, Bulls, Pacers and Sixers. The Nets should finish 11-5 imo.
Wow, they really are falling apart, how many games is he going to miss?

-Petey

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
PSUmtj112 said:
I did not understand the Magic trading Mobley when they did it and I still do not understand it now.
They were among the poorer NBA teams in terms of defense. Mobley was an expiring contract, he is a much better offensive player than Christie, and maybe overall, but Christie was supposed to anchor the D... maybe also give Howard more shots, with 1 less person who really demands touches.

-Petey

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Petey said:
T... Mobley was an expiring contract, he is a much better offensive player than Christie, and maybe overall, but Christie was supposed to anchor the D... maybe also give Howard more shots, with 1 less person who really demands touches.

-Petey
I would say they're the same. Christie is a very effective player in Kings uniform. He is very active in defense, has length and quickness to stay on top of his man. Offense wise, he has range, can penetrate, and looks for the back door and cuts. He really fits the Kings motion offense.

Magic relied on Christie bringing these on the table, unfortunately(for them) for some reason he can't play.

There's something with the Kings organization that players like. There's always frustration on players who got traded out of Sac, some adapt early on their new teams, most of them don't.
Have you ever heard a player recently demanded to be traded out of Sac?

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Reactions: Petey

·
Banned
58,028 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
faNETicS said:
Yup. Imagine from 5th or 6th seed to lottery bound. :clap:
I think they perfer that, get another young big to play besides Howard...

Or maybe not considering they traded Gooden.

-Petey

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
They played better with Jameer Nelson last night and won. Francis has been a problem since Draft Night when he demanded a trade from the Grizzlies. He is Marbury Lite.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Never been a Francis fan either. He's got a world of talent, but he's not someone I want leading or running my team.

If Orlando hadn't already showed signs of collapse, I might think that they could still play well with Hill and Nelson running the team. And maybe this will turn things around for them.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
NetIncome said:
They played better with Jameer Nelson last night and won. Francis has been a problem since Draft Night when he demanded a trade from the Grizzlies. He is Marbury Lite.
portland is not exactly a powerhouse

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
fruitcake said:
portland is not exactly a powerhouse
But it's weird because they were on a huge losing streak, they lose their 'best' player (this year) and win.

-Petey

·
Registered
954 Posts
is this suspension really fair to francis? magic are struggling and francis being suspended definately helps the nets but from what i read on hoopshype, stu jackson is still conducting interviews and reviewing reports and video tapes. what happens if he comes back and says everything in inconclusive. francis can't get those games back. i didn't mind the artest, JO, wallace suspensions because they were going to get considerable time anyway. then again, i'm sure he wouldn't suspend indefinately without proper cause

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
kidd2rj said:
is this suspension really fair to francis? magic are struggling and francis being suspended definately helps the nets but from what i read on hoopshype, stu jackson is still conducting interviews and reviewing reports and video tapes. what happens if he comes back and says everything in inconclusive. francis can't get those games back. i didn't mind the artest, JO, wallace suspensions because they were going to get considerable time anyway. then again, i'm sure he wouldn't suspend indefinately without proper cause
Has he denied kicking the cameraman yet?

-Petey

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
the magic are killing the bobcats at the half. Orlando is very very lucky that the 3 games francis misses are against portland, charlotte and charlotte.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
fruitcake said:
the magic are killing the bobcats at the half. Orlando is very very lucky that the 3 games francis misses are against portland, charlotte and charlotte.
I can't believe they're just giving him 3. There was precedence, and that's for 11 games.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
holy crap, the bobcats have come back

1 - 20 of 24 Posts