Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No McInnis in 2nd half and no Mjax at all. Seems to be relying heavily on players from last season that know the system including Cliffy and Vaughn. Message to the others?

Defensively it's worked, but not offensively.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
Uh...Jackson didnt get playing time because he is a difficult matchup with this team. He is not Kmart. He wont run up and down the floor with these Suns. Thats why he didnt play. Now McInnis is a different story.
 

·
All my teams suck
Joined
·
8,686 Posts
I am doubting the coaching abilities of Frank. I know he is probably the hardest working coach in the league, but he has three All-Star caliber players on this team, and one soon-to-be All-Star in Krstic. He has to be able to make something work. A team with three All-Stars should not be 5-7. I know it will take some time for the team to fully gel, but if we continue to be below .500 at mid-Decmeber, Frank has to go and changes need to be made.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,413 Posts
Chaser 55 said:
I am doubting the coaching abilities of Frank. I know he is probably the hardest working coach in the league, but he has three All-Star caliber players on this team, and one soon-to-be All-Star in Krstic. He has to be able to make something work. A team with three All-Stars should not be 5-7. I know it will take some time for the team to fully gel, but if we continue to be below .500 at mid-Decmeber, Frank has to go and changes need to be made.
bingo!
the way hes been using our talent is just horrible!
i want this team to run!
arg, why cant we trade coaches!lol
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
58,028 Posts
I think it was pretty obvious he was sending some type of message as the score was pretty hard to overcome but the team was still fouling at the end.

-Petey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,657 Posts
Netted- said:
No McInnis in 2nd half and no Mjax at all. Seems to be relying heavily on players from last season that know the system including Cliffy and Vaughn. Message to the others?

Defensively it's worked, but not offensively.
no but we can always find a way to create offense from defense! But its very very hard to create defense from offense~

And first half... we didn't play at all and we would have won the game if we show'd up the first half!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,239 Posts
There's a clear message it seems. Play D or you won't play. Sounds good to me.
Marc Jackson logged a DNP last night. The center furiously stormed out of the locker room after Frank said he was only going to play guys who play defense.
From the Daily News.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,602 Posts
Aurelino said:
There's a clear message it seems. Play D or you won't play. Sounds good to me.

From the Daily News.

It wasnt even a subtle message..

i was impressed wit out 3rd qtr yesterday.. if we played half as well as we did in the third qtr in the first half we wuda one... too bad we only played well for a 1.5 quarters yesertday..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,239 Posts
Vincanity15311 said:
It wasnt even a subtle message..

i was impressed wit out 3rd qtr yesterday.. if we played half as well as we did in the third qtr in the first half we wuda one... too bad we only played well for a 1.5 quarters yesertday..
Yea. How do you score 30 points in a half with the starters we've got, against a team that is not known for its defense, I don't undrstand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,142 Posts
Aurelino said:
Yea. How do you score 30 points in a half with the starters we've got, against a team that is not known for its defense, I don't undrstand.
29 field goal percentage thats how. The big 3 werent the problem, it was more the combined 2 for 22 from everyone else in the first half!
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top