Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/story/294567p-252207c.html

Unless Phil Jackson shows serious interest in coaching the Nets this summer to Bruce Ratner - something one Nets source considers a longshot - Frank will continue to bark out plays on the Nets sidelines.

And Jason Kidd and Vince Carter wouldn't have it any other way.

"He is one of the best I've had," Carter said of Frank. "I have learned a lot. He gets the best out of me and puts me in position to succeed and he is cool; you can talk to him off the court. He believes that we are definitely going to make the playoffs."

"Through all the changes the way it got off, you can't point the finger at anybody," Kidd said. "Through all the changes, playing with seven guys, eight guys (sometimes), the injuries, you can only do so much. Coach has done a heck of a job of keeping us in it where we are at right now."

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Good to hear, not that I thought it was an issue. Frank is doing an outstanding job, IMO. He's a great basketball mind. I hope Phil doesn't express a desire to come to NJ. Frank's our boy.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Nothing has changed. I love Frank and think he is a great coach. So does Ratner. Phil Jackson is the best and can take a good squad, the Nets next year, the great places. Ratner would agree here too. I think Frank only goes if we get Jackson. So does Ratner.

This has been the theme for a while now. There is no other coach in the league right now that I want more than Frank. But if Jackson was available and willing to sign with the Nets, I don't think I could turn that down. Neither would Ratner.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
PetroToZoran said:
Nothing has changed. I love Frank and think he is a great coach. So does Ratner. Phil Jackson is the best and can take a good squad, the Nets next year, the great places. Ratner would agree here too. I think Frank only goes if we get Jackson. So does Ratner.

This has been the theme for a while now. There is no other coach in the league right now that I want more than Frank. But if Jackson was available and willing to sign with the Nets, I don't think I could turn that down. Neither would Ratner.
I think you are right, but I still wouldn't want to get Phil, personally. As a fan, I really like Frank, and I think he could be the Nets coach for like 15 years or so. Phil is a 2-3 year rental type, IMO. And I know, that 2-3 years might get us a title, but still... Frank's my boy.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
SeaNet said:
I think you are right, but I still wouldn't want to get Phil, personally. As a fan, I really like Frank, and I think he could be the Nets coach for like 15 years or so. Phil is a 2-3 year rental type, IMO. And I know, that 2-3 years might get us a title, but still... Frank's my boy.

I agree with you, but I think the only way Phil comes here is if we sign another big time guy. And I don't mean SAR or Swift or Marshall. I'm not really counting on that happpening.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
SeaNet said:
2-3 year rental is fine by me if we get a title. Miami is getting a few year rental by trading half their team for Shaq. Look where they are now, the top contenders for the title this year.

I know this isn't on the same level, but JKidd's window is closing. I think the next few seasons is our window. Throw Phil in the mix with a new FA PF and a lucky draft and you're looking at a top title contender.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
PetroToZoran said:
2-3 year rental is fine by me if we get a title. Miami is getting a few year rental by trading half their team for Shaq. Look where they are now, the top contenders for the title this year.

I know this isn't on the same level, but JKidd's window is closing. I think the next few seasons is our window. Throw Phil in the mix with a new FA PF and a lucky draft and you're looking at a top title contender.

It is totally reasonable to feel that way, in fact, its probably more reasonable to feel the way you do, than to feel the way I do.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Nets should definitely keep Frank hes done a pretty good job this year considering all the injures the Nets have had.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts