Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think he has any future in Indiana. I think that they need to find more PT for him. He is an exciting player that they need to look for in transition. But I can realisticly see him getting lost in the rotation if he has a bad game, and then losing his role on the team. Do you think he can play here?

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
I think he has a bright future, he's shown that he can come into the game and have an impact. I think we trade him later on but i think he'll turn into an important role player at about 13pts 5 rbs 4 asts a game.

·
Registered
73 Posts
he really needs to work on his shot to become a solid player for us....but he does have a future in this league and when Reggie eventually retires (which promotes Harrington to start), he'll be a great sixth man

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Hes very athletic and can jump out of the gym. Like said, once Reggie retires, he will move into a more prominant role. Most players the Pacers draft dont get a prominant role until their 3 or 4th year.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Did you see him hit his damn head on the backboard after he blocked that shot? Dear lord he has some ups.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Originally posted by <b>R-Star</b>!
Hes very athletic and can jump out of the gym. Like said, once Reggie retires, he will move into a more prominant role. Most players the Pacers draft dont get a prominant role until their 3 or 4th year.
I agree Freddie will probably be the starter after Reggie retires. IMO him and JO are the most exciting players to watch on the P's. The kid has some real potential, and I think Carlisle likes his game so that is good.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Originally posted by <b>PacersguyUSA</b>!
If James Jones's shot is as good as I've heard, he'd be a better replacement for Reggie. That or Bender.
Is James Jones even alive still?

Bender at the 2 has been tried, hes better fitted for the 3. Jones is our best option unless we slide Artest the the 2 and but Harrington at the 3.

·
Registered
551 Posts
yea the year he was going into the draft i was praying the pacers would pick him and when they did i almost pissed my self, how great would it be if we could get luke jackson too lol dont really need him though freddy played some really good d last night specially on that last play

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
In the post Reggie era he can have a good role for the Pacers...
A question: can he D against Sg despite the small size?

·
Registered
551 Posts
he was d'n up paul pierce, so ya

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
I think in a few years the Pacers lineup could look like:

C - Someone
PF - O'Neal
SF - Harrington
SG - Artest
PG - Tinsley

6th - Jones

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KL Dawger</b>!
I think in a few years the Pacers lineup could look like:

C - Someone
PF - O'Neal
SF - Harrington
SG - Artest
PG - Tinsley

6th - Jones

How about us somehow getting Eric Dampier to play center.

·
Registered
6,704 Posts

Is James Jones even alive still?

Bender at the 2 has been tried, hes better fitted for the 3. Jones is our best option unless we slide Artest the the 2 and but Harrington at the 3.
Fred Jones didn't get all that much time in his rookie season. If he really doesn't miss threes I'd take him over Jones.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Originally posted by <b>PacersguyUSA</b>!

Fred Jones didn't get all that much time in his rookie season. If he really doesn't miss threes I'd take him over Jones.
Its been said that Bender is also a better shooter than Reggie. Second round picks dont usualy pan out too well. Im not expecting much from JJ.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts

Its been said that Bender is also a better shooter than Reggie. Second round picks dont usualy pan out too well. Im not expecting much from JJ.
Reggie Miller?!?

Who said that? :eek:

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Originally posted by <b>DetBNyce</b>!

Reggie Miller?!?

Who said that? :eek:
Coaches and media. Its all only come in practice though. Supposedly Bender is unstopable in pactice and shoots the lights out, but when it comes time to do it in a game, hes nowhere to be found.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts

Coaches and media. Its all only come in practice though. Supposedly Bender is unstopable in pactice and shoots the lights out, but when it comes time to do it in a game, hes nowhere to be found.
Yep, he tears it up in practice, I even heard he owns JO in practice, but game situations are completely different, maybe he can't handle the crowd?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts