Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to Shaq's recent quotation I think that Anfernee Hardaway's nickname should no longer be "Penny". He will now be known as "Fredo" Hardaway? Is anyone against this?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Petey

·
Player
Joined
·
7,852 Posts
MPK said:
Due to Shaq's recent quotation I think that Anfernee Hardaway's nickname should no longer be "Penny". He will now be known as "Fredo" Hardaway? Is anyone against this?
reminds me of a comment my roomate made. watching this broken down penny struggle to perform, he said he is no longer penny anymore, he should be referred to as anfernee at all times haha.
 

·
A deserving All-Star
Joined
·
2,319 Posts
what the hell is with all this hardaway bashing? we knew he wasnt exactly gonna be anything more then an expiring contract next year in terms of value whatsoever. its like trying to bash allan houston for not being a 25 point scorer anymore. IT'S OBVIOUS IT WASNT GONNA HAPPEN. So can you guys please give it the hell up and take it for what it is and STOP COMPLAINING!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Petey

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
knicksfan said:
what the hell is with all this hardaway bashing? we knew he wasnt exactly gonna be anything more then an expiring contract next year in terms of value whatsoever. its like trying to bash allan houston for not being a 25 point scorer anymore. IT'S OBVIOUS IT WASNT GONNA HAPPEN. So can you guys please give it the hell up and take it for what it is and STOP COMPLAINING!
The Hardaway bashing has to do with the fact that he being paid like a superstar and performs like a 7th or 8th man. I'd say that Tim Thomas and Allan Houston receive worse verbal/written beatings than "Fredo". Anyway, the quote from Shaq is accurate, out of the "Fredo", Kobe, and Dwayne which one is Fredo Corleone? It certainly isn't Dwayne or Kobe...

Low expectations for "Fredo" have nothing to do with his value as a player. It can be expected he will suck, but that doesn't change that fact that he does, in actuality, suck. Hopefully, his expiring contract will bring a nice haul, but I see no reason why he should be immune from criticism when he is the 7th highest paid player in the NBA and is averaging under eight points and not even three assists per contest.
 

·
A deserving All-Star
Joined
·
2,319 Posts
The difference however is that Penny was ACQUIRED BY ISIAH as a filler in the MARBURY TRADE. We knew right away he wouldnt amount to anything of value except the expiring contract next year. I mean all the smart logical Knicks fans did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
knicksfan said:
The difference however is that Penny was ACQUIRED BY ISIAH as a filler in the MARBURY TRADE. We knew right away he wouldnt amount to anything of value except the expiring contract next year. I mean all the smart logical Knicks fans did.
Are you implying that I am not a smart, logical Knick fan?

Apparently you are ignoring what I said about low expectations. I had the same minimal expectations that you did for "Fredo", but that still doesn't change the fact that he isn't a quality player anymore. Couple that with his exorbinant salary and it is obvious why people criticize him. Additionally, what does Marbury have to do with Penny's quality as a player? You were responding to my comment that Penny's new nickname should be "Fredo" in reference to Shaq's quote...
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top