Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i know it's basketball/football season but this off season could be very interesting. I was looking at some of the talk so far about free agents and this is who i think we should go after (although from what i have seen so far it looks like the mets are going to have 256 people on their roster since they seem to be interested in everyone).

OF- matsui, damon (or put Pie in center) but i think H. Matsui would be a great bat in our outfield.
SS- Furcal, obviously this is a priority for hendry. if we could get damon and furcal that makes a
solid 1-2 combination.

Pitchers- who knows, billy wagner? we have a ton of prospects, do we really need new pitchers? or do we need a healthy staff? we may need a few bullpen/relief guys but i don't know who.

i think if we can get these guys we would be off to a great start this year. what do you all think??

·
Premium Member
68,864 Posts
I don't have any confidence in our ability to spend, but we'll be serious contenders for Furcal. The Yanks really want Matsui back, so he'll probably be with them. Damon's out of our price range by the time Boras is done. There may be a few relievers here or there worth picking up, I haven't really looked at who's available too much yet...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts