Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Rose Garden is running another free ticket giveaway for club (200) -level seats. This is in addition to the previous one, so if you have already signed up for Rose Quarter Mail, this is another offer for the Rose Quarter CyberClub and two more free tix (i don't knwo what the difference is). Basically, you don't have to buy anything or do anything except sign up for their email newsletter, then print out an email message they send you and take it to the RQ ticket office at least 48 hourse before the game starts. That's seriously it. I'm going to the Spurs game tomorrow and sitting in section 214, with a pair of free tickets that list for $49. In case you are wondering, there is a contest to see who can recruit the most people,w hich is why I'm trying to recruit people, but the offer is not BS. Free tickets, click below!! And since they are free and clearly basketball related, I assume this thread won't get deleted...

http://66.51.172.38/vm/Default.aspx?b=215964&a=756&m=252

· Banned member
28,451 Posts
I signed up and got mine (don't know exactly what game tho) and I even called up the RQ and they basically said it was legit (the email address is accurate, and this is a 'promotion' they're doing).

· Registered
7,812 Posts
Nice to see Global spectrum giving away some tickets.... :biggrin: I was wondering if they were going to do this in response to all the Blazer give aways.

· Excentrifugal Forz
6,987 Posts
I sign up too and it said I'd be getting a email which will explain how to get my tickets. Hope we just have to print them out again.

· Banned member
28,451 Posts
mgb said:
I sign up to and it said I'd be getting a email which will explain how to get my tickets. Hope we just have to print them out again.
yep, it seems that you just print the email up, and go to the will-call (I'm going to the game tomorrow, so I'll find out if it's 100% legit tomorrow and report back).

· Excentrifugal Forz
6,987 Posts
Hap said:
yep, it seems that you just print the email up, and go to the will-call (I'm going to the game tomorrow, so I'll find out if it's 100% legit tomorrow and report back).
But it doesn't say which game. It just says go at least 48 hrs before the game. Any game?

· Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
It's any remaining home game, and you jsut print out the 1page email and go to the ticket office 48 hours before the game. I also used mine to go to tomorrow's game, so I'm very excited about it. Go Blazers, and everyone click on the link to get free tix!

Reactions: mgb

· Registered
16,001 Posts
Dude, you gotta get a domain registered or something. It looks like a total scam.

Ed O.

· Registered
9,649 Posts
You guys are too paraniod. It looks and sounds legit.

· Excentrifugal Forz
6,987 Posts
dudleysghost said:
It's any remaining home game, and you jsut print out the 1page email and go to the ticket office 48 hours before the game. I also used mine to go to tomorrow's game, so I'm very excited about it. Go Blazers, and everyone click on the link to get free tix!

Great! I've been wanting to go to the last game of the season, I have the last few seasons in a row, but it wasn't included in my ten pack so now I can.

· Excentrifugal Forz
6,987 Posts
Ed O said:
Dude, you gotta get a domain registered or something. It looks like a total scam.

Ed O.
The email is from @rosequarter.com

· Registered
16,001 Posts
BEER&BASKETBALL said:
You guys are too paraniod. It looks and sounds legit.
You can't be too paranoid with the Web, IMO. At least not with IP addressed-based Web sites.

I'm not saying it IS a scam, given the comments of others in this thread, but I can tell you that I wasn't going to click on a link with that URL.

Ed O.

· Registered
16,001 Posts
mgb said:
The email is from @rosequarter.com
I'm not saying it is a scam (although it's easy to fake, at least superficially, the domain in an email)... it just would make sense to have it be a page on the rosequarter.com Web site or something.

I'm glad that it's legit and I hope you guys enjoy the game. I salute you for being a more intrepid surfer than I am.

Ed O.

· Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Grrr, I know Ed, that url looks like some bogus thing, but it's not. I have no idea why they didn't just use their actual domain name, but it's perfectly legitimate. I think what is happening is that since the arena owners are competing with Paul Allen and TrailBlazers Inc to sell tickets, which nobody is buying, and since they really hate each other that Portland Arena Managment jst decided to give them away and hope to make money selling food and drinks. The interesting part is that from what I hear is that if you make friends with people nearby in the club level who have the wristbands, you can borrow them an go into the buffet area and get free food too. I love free stuff!

· Registered
7,812 Posts
dudleysghost said:
Grrr, I know Ed, that url looks like some bogus thing, but it's not. I have no idea why they didn't just use their actual domain name, but it's perfectly legitimate. I think what is happening is that since the arena owners are competing with Paul Allen and TrailBlazers Inc to sell tickets, which nobody is buying, and since they really hate each other that Portland Arena Managment jst decided to give them away and hope to make money selling food and drinks. The interesting part is that from what I hear is that if you make friends with people nearby in the club level who have the wristbands, you can borrow them an go into the buffet area and get free food too. I love free stuff!
The GS buffet is pretty decent to...some good eats there. So I assume you work for GS Dudleysghost?

· Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nah, I don't work for GS, I'm just trying to win the contest. The prize for the person who signs up the most people is a luxury suite at the game against PHX. THat's my motivation.

· Registered
9,649 Posts
dudleysghost said:
Nah, I don't work for GS, I'm just trying to win the contest. The prize for the person who signs up the most people is a luxury suite at the game against PHX. THat's my motivation.
You dont work there, but are trying to win the contest? Doesnt make sense to me. Best guess is that the contest is ONLY for GS employees.

· Excentrifugal Forz
6,987 Posts
BEER&BASKETBALL said:
You dont work there, but are trying to win the contest? Doesnt make sense to me. Best guess is that the contest is ONLY for GS employees.
When you fill it out you also sign up other people to get tickets, do they also have to be GS employees? My guess is it isn't only for GS employees.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.