Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would say

Padgett from KU
Kleiza from Missouri, even though Missouri is the biggest letdown this year.
Stinson-Iowa state
Lavender-OU
Blalock-ISU, I am bias.
 

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
Joined
·
9,583 Posts
Padgett is good, but I feel Giddens has been the better frosh for Kansas this season.

Stinson most def

Kliza no question

Lavender good possiblity

Blalock yea a good choice, but I would put Giddens ahead thou. Being bias here. lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,839 Posts
Tucker looked like he'd be on this list but as of lately he hasn't put up the same numbers as earlier in the seaosn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
How can you guys justify leaving out J. Jackson of TT?

he's scoring 14.00 ppg (14th in conf overall and 2nd among fresh), averaging 3.83 assists (4th in conf. overall and 2nd among fresh), and a 2.56 Assist-to-Turnover ration (3rd in conf. overall and 1rst among fresh.)

Seem J.Jackson has better stats that most of the people on your lists.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,045 Posts
Jackson should definitely be on there, IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
398 Posts
Lavender has been a good leader as a freshman and I think has a really bright future. But McKenzie is on pace to score more as a freshman then Hollis Price did as a freshman.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>NickZepp</b>!
Lavender has been a good leader as a freshman and I think has a really bright future. But McKenzie is on pace to score more as a freshman then Hollis Price did as a freshman.
While he's no doubt a solid frosh, McKenzie is averaging 7.7 points on 37% shooting, which isn't too terribly impressive. Lavender is shooting even worse than that, and barely has a 1:1 assist to turnover ratio (3.9 apg, 3.1 TO). He might become a very good player in the future, but I'm not sold on the fact that he's significantly better than KU's Calvin Rayford from a few years ago.

Stinson, ISU: 14.9 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 4.4 apg on 48% shooting.
Kleiza, MU: 11.1 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 0.8 apg and shooting 35% from three in limited minutes.
Giddens, KU: 9.8 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 1.1 apg and 37% from three (45% from three in Big XII).
Jackson, TT: 11.5 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 3.0 apg and 2.0 spg and has come on strong recently in Big XII play.
Fifth spot is a toss up between ISU's Blalock and OU's Lavender.

I would have put Tucker up there, but he's taken a big nosedive since the start of conference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
398 Posts
Lavender has been going through a bit of a struggle lately as far as being a PG. Although he was one of the leaders in the Nebraska game. He had a couple of big 3s in that game and I think he had 8 or 9 points.

McKenzie has really been good the last 3 or 4 games. He was hurt for a while and that hurt his minutes and average per game. His average will be near 10 points a game by seasons end barring injury. Probably over that amount.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JuniorNoboa</b>!
Why is Tucker not on these lists :confused:
Because these are his numbers in conference:

13 pts, 1 reb vs. Baylor
2 pts, 8 rebs vs. Nebraska
2 pts, 4 rebs @ Missouri
2 pts, 2 rebs vs. Oklahoma St.
9 pts, 8 rebs @ Texas Tech
3 pts, 2 rebs @ Texas A&M

All of this is on 37% shooting.

He's a very good player, but the Big XII really is a tough, tough league.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,590 Posts
While he's no doubt a solid frosh, McKenzie is averaging 7.7 points on 37% shooting, which isn't too terribly impressive.
So are you basing your side on conference play or not? If you are (which I think you are because of the Tucker argument), McKenzie is averaging 10 points a game in conference play...14 points a game if you throw out 2 horrendous games (OSU and KSU)...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,327 Posts
Depending on how the rest of the season plays out, Thomas Gardner may be able to work his way onto some of these lists. He's had a few good games, but isn't getting the PT he deserves.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hollis</b>!


So are you basing your side on conference play or not? If you are (which I think you are because of the Tucker argument), McKenzie is averaging 10 points a game in conference play...14 points a game if you throw out 2 horrendous games (OSU and KSU)...
Point taken. But then again, you have to figure in team success, and OU is currently 3-3 in league.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,669 Posts
Originally posted by <b>VincentVega</b>!


Because these are his numbers in conference:

13 pts, 1 reb vs. Baylor
2 pts, 8 rebs vs. Nebraska
2 pts, 4 rebs @ Missouri
2 pts, 2 rebs vs. Oklahoma St.
9 pts, 8 rebs @ Texas Tech
3 pts, 2 rebs @ Texas A&M

All of this is on 37% shooting.

He's a very good player, but the Big XII really is a tough, tough league.

I see. Didn't realize he was struggling so. His minutes must be cut quite a bit as well with the Texas depth in the frontcourt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,590 Posts
Originally posted by <b>pharcyde</b>!
Depending on how the rest of the season plays out, Thomas Gardner may be able to work his way onto some of these lists. He's had a few good games, but isn't getting the PT he deserves.
Definitely is deserving of a mention...but not top 5 IMO...
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top