Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

· Piker
11,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I'm confused. It's a Q1 game for VCU if they win.
Dayton currently has no Q1 win possibilities on their schedule.
Yep. A Q1 road win is a win over a team with a NET rank of 75 or better. UD is at #56. They do not have a Q1 or Q2 win. They are 3-0 in Q3 games and 9-0 in Q4 games. The NET has to love blowout wins. Dayton has been beating the crap out of teams in their Q3 and Q4 games.

· Registered
St. Bonaventure
7,585 Posts
Yep. A Q1 road win is a win over a team with a NET rank of 75 or better. UD is at #56. They do not have a Q1 or Q2 win. They are 3-0 in Q3 games and 9-0 in Q4 games. The NET has to love blowout wins. Dayton has been beating the crap out of teams in their Q3 and Q4 games.
Yep. That’s become pretty clear. Blowing out Q3 and Q4 teams seems to be critically important to making jumps in the NET. I wonder who that benefits…

· Registered
66 Posts

· Registered
622 Posts
I wish I had a magic wand but nope. VCU needs to play tough D from the outset and protect the ball. If they turn it over and UD gets easy buckets it could be ugly. If VCU hits shots like they did against DC it will be a game. Who knows what team will show up for VCU.
It could be a game if the Rams of Richmond turn over the Flyers about 18 times.

· Registered
1,512 Posts
Yep. That’s become pretty clear. Blowing out Q3 and Q4 teams seems to be critically important to making jumps in the NET. I wonder who that benefits…
Now, putting in your reserves at the end of a blowout can end up hurting your season. So much for sportsmanship. Not to mention rest for your starters or needless injury risks.

· Piker
11,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Now, putting in your reserves at the end of a blowout can end up hurting your season. So much for sportsmanship. Not to mention rest for your starters or needless injury risks.
I think Dayton only has 7 players right now.

· Piker
11,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
VCU will most likely wear black. They would love to wear a rainbow every day and tell the world that everything is OK but they will carry the darkness on their back till things are brighter so they will just be the men in black. They could wear gold and ruin my Johnny Cash lyric.

· Registered
6,864 Posts
AA, I thought you were saying earlier that it would be a Q1 win for Dayton.
Yes, it would be a Q1 for VCU.
Should be a good game, played in the obnoxious, er...epicenter of college hoops.

· Piker
11,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
AA, I thought you were saying earlier that it would be a Q1 win for Dayton.
Yes, it would be a Q1 for VCU.
Should be a good game, played in the obnoxious, er...epicenter of college hoops.
That is odd because I never mentioned VCU in the post. Anyway, I think we have it straightened out. UD is the only Q1 win anyone can get right now and it would have to be at their place.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts