Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
7.5 points is a ridiculous spread on this game. Take the points or SLU straight up. Id take SLU straight up. Sold out crowd, 14-3 record, and a bruising style. Its all in place for them.

·
Piker
8,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heck of a game on a national stage. I know it is gut wrenching for SLU but they were impressive tonight. Dayton found a way to win and that is what good teams do. Congrats to both for a fine game.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Great game. I didn't give SLU much of a chance because I figured their lack of outside shooting and FT problems would make it impossible to hang w/ Dayton down the stretch but they managed to push the Flyers to their absolute limits.

I must say, that the ref calling a "flop warning" on Dayton with 5 seconds left on the shot clock (when SLU was up 72-71 with 2min left in OT) was a completely unnecessary call and put SLU in a worse spot now having to inbounds the ball against a defense that has time to regroup. That flop warning can wait until the next whistle. SLU should at least get 15 on the shot clock for their trouble.

Jordan Goodwin got called for his 5th for pushing off on the subsequent inbounds play.

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Yep. It was frustrating to watch how the game was called. For the longest time, the officials let them imitate Bloodsport. Late in the game, though? Wacky tic tac shiznit like that flop and push off.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Game was about what we all expected. Ugly bloodbath. Not surprised at all SLU looked the better team for 35 minutes. They are a terrible matchup for Dayton. That may have been UDs worst half of the season on offense. Law of averages kicked in late 2nd half for the nation's best offense as they finally hit some shots. Bill's FT% was customarily awful but FTs didnt lose the game. Bills made more free throws than Dayton even attempted -- despite not attacking the rim any more than Dayton tried to. The difference was the 3pt line and who had the ball last.

SLU is an NCAA tournament team and from my eyes the 2nd best team in the A10. SLU fans berating Ford on the Bills forum is ridiculous. His gameplan was terrific. If Crutcher misses that shot he's suddenly a genius. This is the same coach that ran roughshod over everyone in the 2019 A10 Tourney. He gets his team to play to their identity as much as any team in the A10.

Makes up for the Kwamain Mitchell bank shot from the bench.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts