Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
You might as well just start drinking right now A.A. and get a head start. You KNOW they'll be trotting out all of those old chestnuts.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
My favorite part of JP's article was about how Bona is behind VCU in wins and attendance. Still, being behind VCU and Dayton in those categories is pretty good for the little engine that could though.
I take umbrage with with "first reference JP" for that author.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
People tend to think that college basketball is about "whomever is better wins" and "A beat B by 12, and B beat C by 12, so A beats C by 24" transitive property bullshit.

College basketball is about MATCHUPS. Not a battle of "who is a better team." I saw lots of Bonnies say "McKillop always out-coaches Schmidt" or stuff like that.

The matchup of Bonaventure vs Davidson is horrific for the Bonnies. The Bonnies play active help defense, and if that doesn't work, they switch to zone. Davidson's offense is basically "FUCKING DESTROY HELP DEFENSES AND ZONES BY SHOOTING OPEN THREES, OR OVER ZONES"

This is why the last 8 games between these two teams have gone 7-1 Davidson, with an Adams overtime lay-up being the only win.

As a P5 hater and an A-10 guy, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Davidson, and I am glad they are in our conference because they make the league better.
As a Bonaventure fan, I feel like Superman saying "What fucking dickhead thought adding Kryptonite to the league was a good idea?"

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Seriously, what human being would say "Bona at No. 6 Dayton without their best player.... or Bona at home, with their best player, vs 12-11 Davidson... which is the better point spread for the Bonnies?" and things DC beats Bona by more than UD?

Not a human being on the planet. But I told my buddy coworker "POUND Davidson +4.5 tonight!" and he was saying "YES! (pause) Sorry. (pause) thank you" all night long.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I hate hearing Coach A was out coached by Coach B. No one says Schmidt is always out coached by Archie or Grant, and those two are what, 10 and 2 against the Bonnie’s? On a positive note, DC’s NET ranking improved by 20 spots

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Respectfully, I don’t believe we’ve been in any bubble conversations, other than by jp here and by the die hards on the Bandwagon. Our NET ranking never got better than 113, and our Massey Composite of 61 rankings by computer geeks is currently at a season’s best of 98, but that is sure to change this week after the Davidson debacle. Sure, our RPI ranking did reach 61, but that measure is so disrespected today that it is not even included in Massey’s composite of 61. I don’t think we’ve even been listed on the bracket matrix.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
There's a difference between "are in the discussions and could get an NCAA bid" and saying someone SHOULD BE those things. We've been saying for a decade that the system is broken and should be better/actually fair.

I never expected the Bonnies to be listed as a bubble team -- unless they say, ran the table headed into the A-10 tourney, then at 22-8, and 21-1 with Osun MAYBE it became a topic of conversation during the A-10 tournament, but I doubted it.

Teams that aren't talked about in late January really have a hard time getting mentioned unless they beat a couple of ranked teams (which isn't really an option in the A-10).

21 - 38 of 38 Posts