Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,648 Posts
I'm a bit betwixt wanting Dayton to win out and make it to the Final Four and not being cherry picked by the Big East eventually.
I'll bet old Fieldhouse Flyer is over on the Holy Land board with his charts and graphs and multicolored short story length posts advocating for just that.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I don’t think you need to worry too much about the Flyer’s being cherry picked by the BE.

Feel free to JoinTheFight for a F4 run

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Dayton's great run through this season just shows me how much one NBA ready player can really make a difference. Wish the Spiders had one.

·
Piker
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dayton's great run through this season just shows me how much one NBA ready player can really make a difference. Wish the Spiders had one.
You need more than that. See Anthony Edwards and Cole Anthony for examples of what happens if you do not surround them with a good team.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
You need more than that. See Anthony Edwards and Cole Anthony for examples of what happens if you do not surround them with a good team.
Well.. they do have more than that. I don't want to put words into Paul's mouth, but it sounds like he's saying that's the difference between Dayton maybe going S16, and Dayton being talked about legitimate F4 material.

·
Piker
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well.. they do have more than that. I don't want to put words into Paul's mouth, but it sounds like he's saying that's the difference between Dayton maybe going S16, and Dayton being talked about legitimate F4 material.
OK, thanks for setting me straight BrownIndian. He is probably right. I can remember David Robinson leading a Navy team to the elite 8.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
OK, thanks for setting me straight BrownIndian. He is probably right. I can remember David Robinson leading a Navy team to the elite 8.
That's funny because I remember Vernon Butler, Navy's all-time leading scorer at the time, doing the same thing, the same season...

So I guess it does help to have other players.

I remember it because Navy lost @#4 Syracuse, @#7 Georgia Tech, in Hartford to 30-4 Big East Tournament winner St John's, and one other game in the regular season that I can't recall...

·
Piker
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's funny because I remember Vernon Butler, Navy's all-time leading scorer at the time, doing the same thing, the same season...

So I guess it does help to have other players.

I remember it because Navy lost @#4 Syracuse, @#7 Georgia Tech, in Hartford to 30-4 Big East Tournament winner St John's, and one other game in the regular season that I can't recall...
That was kind of my original point. The Admiral had help.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
We've got teams in the conference with some good players, who play well together.
Add a guy like Obi, and you've got a special team (for at least a year).
Will be interesting to see how far they can go.

·
Piker
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice list of mid-majors ESPN just put up on the screen. Sheesh

1 - 20 of 23 Posts