Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanna give you guys major props. You guys are playing amazing basketball right now which you can contribute a lot to the guys high energy. And to think you are doing all of this without JO. Anyway, I'll be rooting for you in the playoffs. Good luck! :clap:

btw, is JO coming back in the playoffs or he is out for the year?

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
ThaLakeShow said:
I just wanna give you guys major props. You guys are playing amazing basketball right now which you can contribute a lot to the guys high energy. And to think you are doing all of this without JO. Anyway, I'll be rooting for you in the playoffs. Good luck! :clap:

btw, is JO coming back in the playoffs or he is out for the year?
A lot of people that aren't Indy fans are now coming in and giving Indy props. Thanks for supporting the team!

·
Feel the Rush!
4,292 Posts
PacersguyUSA said:
He's supposed to come back near the end of the first round. Game 3 or 4.

Actually, during our last game on TNT, they qouted JO as saying that he is recovering quicker than expected, and that he plans on being back a game or two before the playoffs even start. He's got full range of motion, and he's able to bench 150...actually he can probably do more than that now, cuz this was a few games ago. He'll be ready.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I heard that JO is expected back a couple games before the playoffs start too. I think u guys will keep the 5th seed.

Call me crazy but I am 100% sure you guys will win all the series besides vs. Detroit and Miami.

And actually, I wouldn't be surprised if you pulled an upset against them.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
ThaLakeShow said:
Yeah I heard that JO is expected back a couple games before the playoffs start too. I think u guys will keep the 5th seed.

Call me crazy but I am 100% sure you guys will win all the series besides vs. Detroit and Miami.

And actually, I wouldn't be surprised if you pulled an upset against them.
That's kind of the way I feel right now, by lately I've been trying to become more realistic. I don't see how we're 3-0 against Miami this year. I think they'll crush us in the playoffs, and a healthy Detroit team could, too. We can't underestimate Washington, Chicago, or Boston as they could easily beat us if we don't focus. I'd even be scared of facing Philly if I were Indy.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I think if everyone on the roster plays well, the Pacers should get a 1st round victory, and I think they can beat Detroit or Miami. It will be interesting to see who they face in the 1st round tho.

·
Feel the Rush!
4,292 Posts
DJMD said:
I think if everyone on the roster plays well, the Pacers should get a 1st round victory, and I think they can beat Detroit or Miami. It will be interesting to see who they face in the 1st round tho.
Well, it's looking like we're probably going to play Chicago. Which would mean that we would face Miami in the second round. The Pacers play Miami this Sunday on ABC...and this should be a playoff intensity type game. So it will be interesting how the Pacers step up to the plate. As far as I'm concerned...the first 3 victories tha we've had over Miami mean nothing up to this point....this Sunday will be a real test.

·
Registered
527 Posts
From a big time Celtic Fan, I too have to give your team props for the season they have had, with all the unfair suspensions, injuries, and everything else this team had to deal with during the season to come back and make it to the 5th seed in the east is an incredible job by Carlisle, and the entire organization. It would have been just as easy for this team to lie down, go into the lottery and retool for next year, but they fought through and I don't think there is any team in the East that would want to face you in the playoffs. Great Job. It also goes to show you what crappy teams there are in this league, teams that year after year are in the lottery and they still suck.

·
Feel the Rush!
4,292 Posts
vandyke said:
From a big time Celtic Fan, I too have to give your team props for the season they have had, with all the unfair suspensions, injuries, and everything else this team had to deal with during the season to come back and make it to the 5th seed in the east is an incredible job by Carlisle, and the entire organization. It would have been just as easy for this team to lie down, go into the lottery and retool for next year, but they fought through and I don't think there is any team in the East that would want to face you in the playoffs. Great Job. It also goes to show you what crappy teams there are in this league, teams that year after year are in the lottery and they still suck.
Thanks for the props man, good luck to your C's in the playoffs. Perhaps we will even meet up first round.

·
Banned
662 Posts
Ya there are a few Laker fans who are feeling you guys, i am one of them. The pacers were ROBBED this season but the lawless thugs that call themselves piston fans. Haha its so pathetic how badly the pacers would have ****ed he pistons up if they met in the playoffs again, but we all know how stern loves his precious defending champs. Anyways, right now you guys are the cindarella story of the playoffs, but next year, it may be a tad different, its going to be REVENGE time when artest comes back, and pacer fans should expect a championship very soon. THEN THOSE ***** 1 HIT WONDER PISTONS CAN CHOKE ON THAT ONE! LAWLESS THUGS!

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
StephenJackson said:
Well, it's looking like we're probably going to play Chicago. Which would mean that we would face Miami in the second round. The Pacers play Miami this Sunday on ABC...and this should be a playoff intensity type game. So it will be interesting how the Pacers step up to the plate. As far as I'm concerned...the first 3 victories tha we've had over Miami mean nothing up to this point....this Sunday will be a real test.
I think it would be better if the Pacers lost in a blowout to the Heat, because then in playoff time if they played each other, the Pacers could steal 1 game because the Heat will be playing cocky.

I just wish that Reggie would return next year and realise that this team with Ron Artest is the best in the East.

·
Feel the Rush!
4,292 Posts
thug_immortal8 said:
I think it would be better if the Pacers lost in a blowout to the Heat, because then in playoff time if they played each other, the Pacers could steal 1 game because the Heat will be playing cocky.

I just wish that Reggie would return next year and realise that this team with Ron Artest is the best in the East.
Well with Freddie Jones and SJax manning the SG position, the team is still going to be the best. Reggie just feels like he's getting in the way of the future of the team, and that it is more important that the team move on to the future than for him to stick around another year and chase a ring. I don't think anybody on the team would agree with him, but the fact that he is willing to put what he believes as the benefit of the team over a ring just goes to show the kind of professional that Reggie Miller is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts