Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, this guy needs to go ASAP! I am so sick and tired of his lazy *** walking up and down the court! Try putting a hand up once in awhile you ****ing piece of ****!

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Sorry Baler... had to change the thread title

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
He had a bad game. I didnt like the effort out there but its just one game

·
Registered
780 Posts
baler said:
Man, this guy needs to go ASAP! I am so sick and tired of his lazy *** walking up and down the court! Try putting a hand up once in awhile you ****ing piece of ****!
Whatever. He was still one of the most productive guys out on the floor.

6-11 Fg (15 points)
3-4 Ft
8 Rebounds
3 Assists
1 Steal
2 Blocks

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
SLAM said:
Whatever. He was still one of the most productive guys out on the floor.

6-11 Fg (15 points)
3-4 Ft
8 Rebounds
3 Assists
1 Steal
2 Blocks
and 5 turnovers.

He played horrible D, and with no interest in the game. His stats are deceptive. He shouldn't have had only 15 points, considering he's averaging over 20, and being guarded by freaking Mike Dunleavy or Richardson.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
baler said:
Get a grip.

He must have blocked 5 shots tonight. (only credited with two, but he actually had a lot more.) It's tough to do that without putting a hand up, isn't it?

Miles' knee is hurting right now (he's had fluid drained from it on multiple occasions and missed several practices in the last week) and he's still our best overall player. If McMillan is happy with his effort (and judging by the fact that Miles was on the court a team high 42 minutes tonight he IS happy with his play) then that's good enough for me. Because Nate McMillan knows more about effort than you do.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
I gurantee that without Miles and his 20.5ppg 6.5rpg 2.5apg 2spg and 1.5bpg, we wouldn't be 3 and 4 even, in fact I shudder as to how bad we would actually be.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Miles does play good alot of the times tonight he had problems with his knee.Im not covering for his play just saying that was most likely a big factor.He still does offensive production but defense needs some work as well as Z-bo.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Schilly said:
I gurantee that without Miles and his 20.5ppg 6.5rpg 2.5apg 2spg and 1.5bpg, we wouldn't be 3 and 4 even, in fact I shudder as to how bad we would actually be.
and I promise you that with Pierces 25 ppg, 7 boards and 4 assists a game, we wouldn't be a 3-4 team too. we'd be better.

not that im gung ho for pierce.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Blazer Ringbearer said:
We'd be better with Duncan too... are you suggesting that we could swap Miles for Pierce straight up?

I seriously doubt that.
nope. I think it'd take Darius + Ruben + our pick this year and even that'd probably be iffy. I dont think Pierce is worth what Boston probably thinks he's worth. It all depends on if Boston is wanting to get rid of him, or if he wants out of Boston.

You can't honestly tell me Rasheed was worth what we got for him.

·
Registered
499 Posts
While I think Darius's stats are great/decent overall and we certainly would not have the record we do now without him, he still has much to be desired. However, he has the room to improve tremendously (something we've probably known). I wish we could put Ruben's fire in him and we'd have one heck of a player. The effort just isn't there. Another complaint I have with him is that he plays pretty stupidly :(. Darn.

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
From the first game this season I was yelling at him to put a hand up. He just doesn't bother most of the time on outside jump shots. Tonite I couldn't believe he just waited for a pass to reach him which was stole. Zach made a bad pass but he was being pressured and Miles should have went and got it. That might have been his knee though. I'm not getting on him except for getting a hand up on D.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Hap said:
nope. I think it'd take Darius + Ruben + our pick this year and even that'd probably be iffy. I dont think Pierce is worth what Boston probably thinks he's worth. It all depends on if Boston is wanting to get rid of him, or if he wants out of Boston.

They were discussing that trade scenario on the 5th quarter.....I would do it in a heartbeat...

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I was actually thinking early during the game last night that we should try and trade Darius soon, if at all possible.

1) While his value is high ... probably as high as it'll ever be. For the first time in his career, Darius doesn't have a negative reputation. People will always be tantalized by his potential, especially now that he's realizing more of it.

2) Self-admittedly, Darius does not play well consistently when he isn't asked to lead and be a focal point. Unfortunately, he's not the type of guy you want to build around, from a leadership and mental consistency perspective. You'd hope he can fall back to a 2nd or 3rd option -- perfect for his all-around skillset -- once his teammates improve to an above average level, but his career history indicates he'll simply become erratic once again.

Even when Darius is consciously trying to lead, he's still regularly careless with the ball. I can't exactly fault him, because he still comes up with bursts of high energy at both ends of the floor ... it's just who he is.

Dan

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
They were discussing that trade scenario on the 5th quarter.....I would do it in a heartbeat...
hrm..I wonder how that happened.... :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Hap said:

I think if you can turn around and get a better player, like Pierce, and only give up Ruben and a low pick in addition, then that's great... but like you said it sounds iffy. I would bet you'd have to give up Jack, Monia, or Khryapa as well for talks to get really serious.

I don't think it's fair to just say that X player would make the team even better than Miles when you would have to give up significantly more than just Miles to put that player on your squad. Okay, it's fair to say it, but I just don't think it makes much of a point against Darius.

I think he's doing great and he's exceeding my expectations so far...

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Blazer Ringbearer said:
I think if you can turn around and get a better player, like Pierce, and only give up Ruben and a low pick in addition, then that's great... but like you said it sounds iffy. I would bet you'd have to give up Jack, Monia, or Khryapa as well for talks to get really serious.
I doubt that it'd take as much as what you're implying, unless you meant Jack OR Viktor OR Sergei.

I don't think it's fair to just say that X player would make the team even better than Miles when you would have to give up significantly more than just Miles to put that player on your squad. Okay, it's fair to say it, but I just don't think it makes much of a point against Darius.

I think he's doing great and he's exceeding my expectations so far...
If they give up, say, Ruben, Darius and Jack for Pierce + filler (if need be) I don't think it actually makes us as bad as we think. Losing Jack would hurt (esp if Telfair gets hurt) but I bet there are still unsigned vet PG's out there they could get. And I think the minute increase for Outlaw, Monia and Viktor would more than make up for the loss of Ruben.

However, I don't think the Celtics would be keen on the trade scenario I laid out (not that I think Pierce is worth much more).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts