Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
also, 10th overall in the NBA. That's damn good. I hope he gets to start soon though. I think (along with many Knicks fans, I'm sure) he can be a great player, possible All Star for many years. I am excited to see him continue to develop.

·
Registered
78 Posts
the knicks were lucky to get the steal of the draft and getting frye. He has definitly suprised everyone so far. If he keeps it up he could take the knicks to another level with some help from starbury. Too bad we couldnt get frye for curry LOL

Reactions: USSKittyHawk

·
Let's Go Streaking!
6,994 Posts
At this point the Raptors should be picked Frye, He has done more so far than Araujo in the his NBA career

·
Registered
959 Posts
Brooklyn said:
At this point the Raptors should be picked Frye, He has done more so far than Araujo in the his NBA career
Araujo was in the 2004 Draft, while Frye was in the 2005 Draft. The Raptors picked Charlie Villanueva with their pick this year, one pick ahead of Frye.

·
Let's Go Streaking!
6,994 Posts
BrettNYK said:
Araujo was in the 2004 Draft, while Frye was in the 2005 Draft. The Raptors picked Charlie Villanueva with their pick this year, one pick ahead of Frye.

I know i wasnt comparing Araujo and Frye, was two diferent Points

1-.The Rapz maybe should picked Frye instead of Villanueva

2.- Frye has done more so far than Araujo since he join to the league

·
Registered
78 Posts
Brooklyn said:

well i think charlie was the mistake of the first round...no WAY is that guy worth the spot he went. tooooo soft

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
MightyMouse1984 said:
well i think charlie was the mistake of the first round...no WAY is that guy worth the spot he went. tooooo soft
You say that yet he's averaging numbers that are eerily similar to those of Channing Frye.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Brooklyn said:
Frye is so far playing better and people were ripping the raptors for picking villanueva, but so far hes playing just as good as frye and he has more potentiol.

·
Let's Go Streaking!
6,994 Posts
majew16 said:
Frye is so far playing better and people were ripping the raptors for picking villanueva, but so far hes playing just as good as frye and he has more potentiol.
I agree but the fact that hes a Center would help the Rapz IMO

·
Registered
78 Posts
Coatesvillain said:
You say that yet he's averaging numbers that are eerily similar to those of Channing Frye.

true but in my opinion...and thats all it is.....i think channing is going to be more durable of a player in the long run....and i think he has more leadership skills then charlie

·
Registered
959 Posts
Brooklyn said:

Oh, okay.

MightyMouse1984 said:
I felt like Villanueva was worth a top ten pick, even though he hadn't put it all together yet. He certainly had the talent, but the only question I had was how he would fit in with the Raptors, and particularly, Bosh. But he has been playing extremely well, and he is definitely going to be a good player. Him and Bosh are going to make the Raptors a playoff team again. Villanueva was a solid pick. I wasn't quite sure if Bosh and Villanueva's styles would mesh, but they have shown that they could play well together on the court.

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
I was no doubt wrong about Frye, he's played much better than my expectations so far, on the stat sheet at least. I haven't seen him play, but it appears he's making great use of his time off the bench for the Knicks, and is someone I wouldn't mind having on my team (after being fully against taking him on draft night).

That said, I still like Villy on the Raptors and I wouldn't trade him for Frye, but both are going to be solid players in the league.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i dont know who will be the better player but from mock drafts right before the draft it looked like villanueva wasnt going till 20. so the raptors should of taken frye and then villanueva instead of joey graham

·
Registered
365 Posts
Bogut looks alot stronger inside and on the boards than Frye does at this point. He may not be putting up the same points but he is being efficient with his shots on a team where the scoring is spread around very evenly (excepting redd).
Don't get too wrapped up in early season statistics. Actually watch how they are playing.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts