Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone seen a player dunk from the ft line durring a game? i'v seen eddie jones do it when he played for L.A vs the bucks, and i'v seen a highlight clip of drexler gliding from a distance but the camera angle doesn't show where he actually took off

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ez8o5</b>!
has anyone seen a player dunk from the ft line durring a game? i'v seen eddie jones do it when he played for L.A vs the bucks, and i'v seen a highlight clip of drexler gliding from a distance but the camera angle doesn't show where he actually took off
I dont think anyone has actually jumped from the free throw line and dunked during an official game. Maybe close to the line, but I doubt from behind the actual line.

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
noones ever done it in an nba game that i'm aware of. i'm pretty sure eddie jones didn't (i'm pretty sure he couldn't).

it'd be a pretty stupid try, considering how difficult it is even in a dunking contest. as a matter of fact, dr. j didn't dribble in the dunking contest (either aba or nba) to give himself the best chance to make the dunk.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I remember seeing the drexler one. If it wasnt on or behind the line it was pretty close. I dont think it was a fast break either. Somehow i imagine the opposition being the lakers but doubt it

·
Registered
357 Posts
one of the two years Toronto played NY in the playoffs, in a game at MSG Vince had a wide open fastbreak with less than only a few seconds to get down the court. I never did see a replay, but he jumped from WAAAY back and dunked it. his foot might've been on the line or just in front.

I also saw a clip where the Matrix (MArion) looked like he did, it was a funky angle on a Jam Session clip. he was way back as wlel though.

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
i've seen drexler fly, but he's always been well inside the line. he never really had a good one from the ft line even in a dunking contest. not that he couldn't do it, because he could fly.

vince is more explosive off 2 feet, so i'd doubt he did it from the ft line.

again, i don't think anyone's done it - few enough have successfully done it in a dunk contest, where you can travel.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
I saw Marion do it, if not it was very very close. It looked pretty effortless too.

Didn't Ricky Davis dunk from near the line soon after his trade to Boston?
Joe Johnson had one from between the FT-line and dotted line this season.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Desmond Mason almost did it over Kwame and Etan Thomas but he got rejected by the rim.

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Don't laugh but Shaq came pretty close several years ago. He was probably a good 3-4 ft inside the FT line but that is still impressive for a guy his size. What is even more impressive os that he threw it down in traffic.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Pinball</b>!
Don't laugh but Shaq came pretty close several years ago. He was probably a good 3-4 ft inside the FT line but that is still impressive for a guy his size. What is even more impressive os that he threw it down in traffic.
wait i do remember that it was when he was wit the magic right

·
Registered
564 Posts
Vince dunk

this was pretty close. just about a foot inside... it was in game one vs. the knicks in the 2001 playoffs

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I remember Tractor Traylor being pretty close once on a fast break :eek: ...and I remember the Eddie Jones one too, not quite that far out though.

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
Originally posted by <b>numlock</b>!
I remember seeing the drexler one. If it wasnt on or behind the line it was pretty close. I dont think it was a fast break either. Somehow i imagine the opposition being the lakers but doubt it
Yeah, that was against the lakers.

The Blazers were wearing their read road uniforms.

I'm 90% sure that dunk was from the free throw line. I've seen a couple of angles on it.

That Drexler clip is probably my favorite of all time.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
heres the eddie jones one @ 2:08 in da clip

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tWx4y9v7urM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tWx4y9v7urM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

·
Legend
12,913 Posts
heres the eddie jones one @ 2:08 in da clip

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tWx4y9v7urM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tWx4y9v7urM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
That was about 2/3 feet in. Amazing none the less.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts