Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I'd start a thread for Fordham because why not. (note, there was not a question mark at the end there, so please don't answer that)

Fordham has not played a game in this 2020-21 season yet. Iona canceled b/c Iona had to pause. Manhattan canceled b/c Manhattan had to pause. We have played Manhattan every year since...a long time ago...so that one is especially disappointing. St. John's canceled now due to Fordham having a positive test and now being on pause until 12/12. Some of those that have been canceled might get rescheduled, but I am not holding my breath.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is there an actual working Fordham Message Board? I can’t seem to find anything that actually still exists. Thanks.

·
Piker
10,282 Posts
No games today. The battle of NYC would have been today.

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Well, it's probably better characterized as the battle of The Bronx. I think even Ace would say that.

·
Piker
10,282 Posts
Well, it's probably better characterized as the battle of The Bronx. I think even Ace would say that.
Is Manhattan in the Bronx? I almost said that but I have no idea what borough Manhattan is in or is Manhattan if even considered a borough. I go to NYC and walk around aimlessly looking at shiny objects.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Is Manhattan in the Bronx? I almost said that but I have no idea what borough Manhattan is in or is Manhattan if even considered a borough. I go to NYC and walk around aimlessly looking at shiny objects.
Manhattan is an island and also a borough, but not a county (though it is coterminous with the County of New York). Bronx (aka The Bronx), where the Jaspers are located, is not an island, but is both a borough and a county.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In 1922 Manhattan College moved from 131st Street in Manhattan to Riverdale which is in The Bronx. Those in Riverdale think they are special and list their address as Riverdale, NY even though it really should be Bronx, NY.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Manhattan is an island and also a borough, but not a county (though it is coterminous with the County of New York). Bronx (aka The Bronx), where the Jaspers are located, is not an island, but is both a borough and a county.
So I googled this. There are five boroughs that are coterminous with five counties that have no functioning government, and NYC is the county seat?

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Curious who people here think should be at the top of Fordham's list for the head coaching job. Our board is all over the place with suggestions.

·
Piker
10,282 Posts
Curious who people here think should be at the top of Fordham's list for the head coaching job. Our board is all over the place with suggestions.
I have no idea. Are there any young guys with New York ties that might be up for the challenge? I have one and I loved him at VCU. He did not stick at UMass. Rasheen Davis. He knows the footprint of recruiting in NY, Jersey, etc. VCU players loved him. He has success at X too.

Reactions: JonBoy
1 - 20 of 133 Posts