Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Piker
10,016 Posts
Ace, what is your opinion of Neptune? VCU has taken flyers on assistant coaches with no head coaching experience. It worked but Capel and Grant only stayed for a cup of coffee. Shaka gave VCU 9 years. Good luck to you guys.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
If it ends up being Neptune, I am happy in that it goes against the grain of what we have done in the past which is hiring 40-something year olds with modest mid to low major success. I am not enamored with the Wright coaching tree for the same reasons sjuhawk mentioned, so I really think a lot comes down to the staff he assembles. I like that Neptune also worked under Joe Mihalich who I think is an extremely good coach and is underrated by many.

·
Piker
10,016 Posts
So Ace is today the day of an announcement? I saw the Coaching Changes account mention big A10 news today.

·
Piker
10,016 Posts
Is that the same guy who keeps saying Schmidt is a candidate for every P5 job in the northeast?
Yes. I am a not a fan of the account. I do not even follow it but I saw a retweet on Friday.

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
6,599 Posts
Yes. I am a fan of the account. I do not even follow it but I saw a retweet on Friday.
I don’t even have a Twitter account (or any other social media), but I’ve seen him re-tweeted by various hoops folk I check in on periodically.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
So Ace is today the day of an announcement? I saw the Coaching Changes account mention big A10 news today.
Doubtful. I believe we are after Neptune, but nothing is final yet and today would be too early to announce. I do not like that we have spent so much time waiting on him, as I do not think he is that special to wait around on. Time will tell.

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
6,599 Posts
What is Neptune’s deal? Is he more of a recruiter? Player developer? Are his responsibilities at Villanova clear?

·
Piker
10,016 Posts
Things happened quicker today than I expected. I think press conference Wednesday, but could be tomorrow if things continue to move quickly.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts