Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Piker
10,016 Posts
That “influential AAU coaches” part made my skin crawl.
Well, lots of coaches either used to coach AAU or have dealt with AAU coaches. Most good players are recognized thru AAU play. You know that but I get what you are saying. Wait to see some smoke before you yell fire Bill. Ha!

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
6,599 Posts
Well, lots of coaches either used to coach AAU or have dealt with AAU coaches. Most good players are recognized thru AAU play. You know that but I get what you are saying. Wait to see some smoke before you yell fire Bill. Ha!
Oh, I know... but the mere mention of “influential” AAU folk makes me shudder.

·
Piker
10,016 Posts
Oh, I know... but the mere mention of “influential” AAU folk makes me shudder.
That is an adjective that Zagoria used. It is certainly better than saying he wants to focus on obscure or insignificant AAU coaches.

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
6,599 Posts
That is an adjective that Zagoria used. It is certainly better than saying he wants to focus on obscure or insignificant AAU coaches.
Of course. It’s just that the stereotypical AAU man of “influence”, hand resting readily betwixt breast and breast pocket, suggests a certain... style.

Edit to add: If it isn’t clear, I’m not too crazy about the AAU scene.

·
Piker
10,016 Posts
Of course. It’s just that the stereotypical AAU man of “influence”, hand resting readily betwixt breast and breast pocket, suggests a certain... style.

Edit to add: If it isn’t clear, I’m not too crazy about the AAU scene.
Really? I would have never known.

College coaches play a part in it as well. Back in the day it was the "shoe guys". Always gonna be somebody with a hand in the cookie jar.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Wait. What? I thought it was only Bona students at the Reilly Center that stormed the court?

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
The Mike Rice rumor was posted on our board at 2:29 PM. Jaden tweets it at 2:40 PM and then posts on our board at 2:56 PM that it's the first he has heard of it. Odd timing.
The poster who posted it on our board is known to stir the pot. I like Mike Rice and would welcome him on the staff, but I do not think the rumor is true.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts