Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 · (Edited)
We are going to have a nearly brand new roster. For a team that finished in last place, that's not a bad thing.

·
Registered
595 Posts
It is likely that Abdooarchid Tsimbila 6-8 Forward from Penn State will be transferring to Fordham. One scholarship left to give. Jalen Cobb injured his knee so he is out for the year. That leaves Ohams Rose and Navarro as the only players From last year and only Ohams is going to get minutes from that group. Literally turned the entire roster over.

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
6,834 Posts
It is likely that Abdooarchid Tsimbila 6-8 Forward from Penn State will be transferring to Fordham. One scholarship left to give. Jalen Cobb injured his knee so he is out for the year. That leaves Ohams Rose and Navarro as the only players From last year and only Ohams is going to get minutes from that group. Literally turned the entire roster over.
Is Navarro definitely exercising his extra year? I hadn’t seen that anywhere. Too bad about Cobb.

Edit to add: Also, check the scholarship tree here. By my count, Fordham has two left prior to Tsimbila's official commitment. Is that right?

·
Registered
595 Posts
The scholarship tree is correct. Yes Navarro announced he is using his extra year but If he is playing meaningful minutes something went very wrong in our recruiting this year.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Rumor on the Fordham board that Dave Paulsen is joining the staff as a special assistant to the head coach...or something like that. Great hire, if true.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
He's a great recruiter of the more academically inclined guys. I'm curious as to what his primary role will be, but my guess is it will be recruiting related.

·
Registered
595 Posts
He's a great recruiter of the more academically inclined guys. I'm curious as to what his primary role will be, but my guess is it will be recruiting related.
I think your guess is wrong. The staff is heavy on recruiters but light on experience of running a program and head Coaching experience. His role will likely be in those areas.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Fordham gets a commit from Zach Riley 6-5 guard from New Zealand. Shot 40% from 3 and was the NBL youth player of the year. He is enrolling second semester and the staff will decide if he is ready to play right away or red shirt.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
According to Verbal Commits, the Rams also received a commitment from Penn State transfer Abdou Tsimbila a 6' 8" PF who saw limited action this past season. He is a native of Cameroon who played at St. Maria Goretti Catholic High School in Philly.

121 - 135 of 135 Posts