Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched the Memphis/Alabama game last night. Bama has a center that may be worth watching, I know I will follow him closly as the season goes on. He is Jermareo Davidson. A third year player. 6-10 213 lbs. I know thats not huge but neither is Tyson.

He impressed me last night the way he ran the floor, defended and rebounded. Of course it was just one game but the team he played against was not a cup-cake team.

He had, 34 minutes, 19 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal 4 blocks. 17 pts and he was 9-11 in fts. His fgs could have been better.

He may deserve a look if we keep our picks for next season and if we do not sign a big man.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
the actual weight and height is so overrated in terms of whether can hold on a position. it's all about the players. some players can play the center while being only 6'9 220lbs or so, while others are considered undersized even at 7'1 240lbs. Yao Ming is 7'6 310lbs, judging just from the numbers, nobody should be able to bang with him, but we all know this is not the truth. It's all about how tough the players play, not their weight/height listings.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Aldridge is averaging 16pts and 10.5 boards with 3.5 blocks on 74% FG shooting. Granted it's only two games and against hardly stellar competetition. His FT shooting is beyond shaq-like at 44%. He's a guy I'd like the Bulls to possibly get (if they can). I'll be curious to see how he does against some real competition - Duke on Dec. 10th!

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like Aldridge! He weighs 20lbs more than davidson.

I can't wait to see what he does against good teams this season.

Thats why I brought up Davidison. Memphis is no slouch.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sith said:
the actual weight and height is so overrated in terms of whether can hold on a position. it's all about the players. some players can play the center while being only 6'9 220lbs or so, while others are considered undersized even at 7'1 240lbs. Yao Ming is 7'6 310lbs, judging just from the numbers, nobody should be able to bang with him, but we all know this is not the truth. It's all about how tough the players play, not their weight/height listings.
Remember, it's quite a jump from the college season to the pro's. If they young man is 220 now, would he be 200 by the end of the season. He'd
get bounced around like a Knick's lotto ball. :biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts