Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's something that's been bothering me for a while. After Shaq, when the Heat is left centerless and he finally deserves some well deserved retirement, what is the Heat going to do at the 5 spot? With the diminishing crop of centers, which center is going to be appealing enough to Riles to make a big deal for? Yao Ming doesn't seem to be an option because Yao follows all these Chinese principles of loyalty and will probably stay with Houston. Who seems to be our most likely big center who the franchise will be built around??? Do you think Wang? Maybe Albert Miralles? Who seems to be the perfect center who'll be around post-Shaq and we'll be willing to build around?

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
that's a good point, but we have to focuse on the next few seasons with shaq...after that we hopefully won 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 :)banana:) championships and then the free agents want to play here for less money...maybe dwyane wade will be one of the dominating players of the league then and everyone wants to play with him...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Theres no answer to this question now, nor should you be worrying about it. I definitly see Shaq playing AT LEAST four more years, hopefully 5, and thats alot of time for things to develop. I mean, 4 years ago, we had a lineup of Tim Hardaway, Eddie Jones, Dan Majerle, Anthony Mason, and Brian Grant, with AC, Eddie House, Duane Causwell, and Bruce Bowen coming off the bench and Zo at the end of the year...who would have thought we'd have the roster we have now? Something will happen in the next 3-5 years that will let us answer the question, but its definitly not a question that can be answered now.

I can tell you one thing though...its noone we have on our roster now. This will be after Shaq, so Zo wont be around, Doelac is nothing more than a backup, Wang will never be a starting center. I've never seen Miralles play, but I wouldn't put much stock in that until he proves otherwise.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
word on the streets is that Jerome Beasley is going to live in the Miami Heat weight room for the next 4 years and start at center when Shaq retires....

·
Registered
397 Posts
Shaq_Diesel said:
word on the streets is that Jerome Beasley is going to live in the Miami Heat weight room for the next 4 years and start at center when Shaq retires....

Have to ask, is that sarcasm?

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
I'm as serious as a heart attack....

I heard Duane Causwell is going to be added to our playoff roster, and we're cutting Dorrell Wright to make room for him...

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
We should start looking for answers in this year's draft. Julius Hodge! Julius Hodge! Anyways, are there any good center prospects in the late second round?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Why in this years draft? Were a championship calliber team, get players that fill needs now...plus, we dont have a second round pick

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hopefully our future at the 1-2-3 will be the Triple-W: Wade-Wright-Woods. In other words, hopefully Wright & Woods can live up to their potential.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Shaq_Diesel said:
I'm as serious as a heart attack....

I heard Duane Causwell is going to be added to our playoff roster, and we're cutting Dorrell Wright to make room for him...

You must be kidding!

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
but he is gonna be drafted this year, right? and we won't have such a high pick...

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
DwyaneWade4MVP said:
but he is gonna be drafted this year, right? and we won't have such a high pick...
Greg is only a junior in high school this year, he can't be drafted. He also says he wants to earn a degree in college and even if he wanted to come out earlier there is still the issue of the age requirement the NBA is working on. And if he does come out he will be the #1 pick or at least a top three pick and i doubt the Heat will be in a position to aquire a pick like that without giving up considerable talent in return.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts