Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Future

468 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Bruno 
#1 ·
What you thing it would the future of Sixers . They have some rookies like Green , Korver , what you thing of them ? Some new players that show that can be really goods in future . Iverson can play more what ? 5,6,7,8 more years? Also you thing that this team continue in the playoffs every year ? You thing that this team can be champ ? Many question for many responds and i like to read all the responds .

#3 ·
The future for Philly is still up in the air... What will we do with AI once his blazing speed disappears? While Iverson will always be my favorite Sixer, I'm not sure if I want to see him here for the remainder of his (extended) contract... At some point, our core leaders of AI, Snow, McKie will be too old to lead on the court... So a move will have to be made to get younger...

I'm still disappointed that we trade away future first rounders *every single year*... It's hard to root for second rounders (Kyle Korver)... But ah well... I appreciate the fact that we make the playoffs every single year - so I understand that my "wanting" youth on the team goes against the franchise's plans to continue making the playoffs... So as long as we're still in the playoff picture, don't bust what ain't broken... As soon as we're a perennial bubble team - then it's time to make some noise...

#4 ·
Originally posted by <b>#colonel</b>!
The future for Philly is still up in the air... What will we do with AI once his blazing speed disappears? While Iverson will always be my favorite Sixer, I'm not sure if I want to see him here for the remainder of his (extended) contract... At some point, our core leaders of AI, Snow, McKie will be too old to lead on the court... So a move will have to be made to get younger...

I'm still disappointed that we trade away future first rounders *every single year*... It's hard to root for second rounders (Kyle Korver)... But ah well... I appreciate the fact that we make the playoffs every single year - so I understand that my "wanting" youth on the team goes against the franchise's plans to continue making the playoffs... So as long as we're still in the playoff picture, don't bust what ain't broken... As soon as we're a perennial bubble team - then it's time to make some noise...
While I agree with you colonel I do think Iverson losing his speed some will hamper his effectiveness as a SG but you will see him as the years go on slowly become the full-time PG. He is doing it somewhat right now anyway playing about 10 minutes at the point. Our overall future does look bleak though because we are ALWAYS giving up #1 picks.

#5 ·
Iverson will lose speed and all of hes moves and the injurys?? and in this time he have some more injurys than actualy ? Coleman i thing he have less years to play like waht 2,3 years to hes retirement ? The thing that i see in all this posts are that he should renew the team but how?? for trades or for the draft ? And i really want to see more years with playoofs and one more thing the champ and i thing the new players would be a great players in the future , you dont thing so ?

#6 ·
The 76ers have traded a bunch of #1 's away. Does anybody have the exact years handy?

Coleman and MacCullogh will go , and probably Snow and McKie as well, despite having game left. Robinson is still young enough, so if the Robinson/Iverson duo gets a chance to play out.

Dalembert and Thomas and Jackson are keepers, and Korver and Salmons are role players with different skills. To early to tell on Green.

I'd like to see a very athletic type on the roster, but not a knucklehead like Davis, Crawford or Maggette.

It is going to take some saavy front offices moves to keep the franchise competitve.

#7 ·
i think they showed last night that they are capable of playing some run and gun ball. i know the tendency is to play that eastern conferance drag em out kind of games but they should open it up and let it fly. they have the shooters and if you give up a little defense so be it. i was impressed with delambert and korver, as for iverson i wouldnt worry about him slowing down just getting completely healthy.

#8 ·
Originally posted by <b>jsa</b>!
The 76ers have traded a bunch of #1 's away. Does anybody have the exact years handy?

Coleman and MacCullogh will go , and probably Snow and McKie as well, despite having game left. Robinson is still young enough, so if the Robinson/Iverson duo gets a chance to play out.

Dalembert and Thomas and Jackson are keepers, and Korver and Salmons are role players with different skills. To early to tell on Green.

I'd like to see a very athletic type on the roster, but not a knucklehead like Davis, Crawford or Maggette.

It is going to take some saavy front offices moves to keep the franchise competitve.
I like Maggette, hes not a knucklehead he hadnt eve gotten into anything like that before. I would love Maggette on this team

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.