Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Listening to Rome right now and they say the author of Telfair book "The Jump" will be on soon. Should be an interesting interview

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Very rough recap

Agents getting their hooks in by 7th grade, shoe companies too

Telfair getting 25 mill to make the jump and skip college
Adidas steered Telfair away from Pitino and Louisville
Pitino says publically that he couldn't tell the kid not to take the money
but he was very disappointed by what went down.
Telfair went into the Adidas system pretty much as a child prodigy
Telfair didn't actually get shoe money during his senior season, but was negotiating. Very fine line, but squeeks by
Pressure on Telfair--He had more friends in his neighborhood shot and killed than he could count. He had a 30 pt game one night against Dwight Howard, and then friends shot the next day
He's a good kid, fashions himself as the "anti-Stephon", has charisma, works hard, does have "street cred" and crossover appeal (no pun intended)
Stephon and him had their tensions, Telfair family felt abandoned, Stephon rejects SI cover idea of him and Telfair, currently trying to patch relationship
Telfair's family is huge--he feels responsible for many in his clan, getting many of his clan out of projects, including cousins, but is a little miffed at the demands
Clippers considered drafting Telfair after good workouts (#3 pick)

That's about it all I could type from it

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
tlong said:
The best part was the admission that Telfair is 5-11...something few on this board want to believe.
Sure, I believe Telfair is 5'11''. It doesn't change my opinion though. It boggles my mind why this issue has drug on soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long..

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
tlong said:
The best part was the admission that Telfair is 5-11...something few on this board want to believe.
I hope you can come to grips with the team drafting him, because it's starting to sound obessive. But at least they didn't draft 6'7" Al Jefferson and his ugly mug.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Hap said:
I hope you can come to grips with the team drafting him, because it's starting to sound obessive. But at least they didn't draft 6'7" Al Jefferson and his ugly mug.
I hope you can come to grips with the fact that he's 5-11. Not 6 feet as you have repeatedly stated.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
tlong said:
I hope you can come to grips with the fact that he's 5-11. Not 6 feet as you have repeatedly stated.
I hope you come to grips that A: who cares B: he could still grow and C: Al Jefferson sucks.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
tlong said:
He's a good player regardless of height, so I don't get the fascination with the issue.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Al Jefferson doesn't suck, regardless of how much people want to defend Telfair as a player and a draft pick.

With that being said: it's entirely possible that Sebastian is 5'11" (rounding down) barefoot and 6'0" (rounding up) in shoes.

Nobody's claiming that Telfair's 6'2", and nobody's claiming he's 5'9". Going back and forth over an inch that may or may not exist seems peculiar (not that peculiarity ever stops ME from posting).

Ed O.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Ed O said:
Al Jefferson doesn't suck, regardless of how much people want to defend Telfair as a player and a draft pick.
my point was that jefferson actually sucks, but that making comments about a player (as that poster has been known to do) that are taken from a small sample size, look stupid.

To constantly remind people that Telfair is 5'11" vs 6' even, and that they should've taken Jefferson, gets old. So my response is Jefferson sucks.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Ed O said:

With that being said: it's entirely possible that Sebastian is 5'11" (rounding down) barefoot and 6'0" (rounding up) in shoes.

Nobody's claiming that Telfair's 6'2", and nobody's claiming he's 5'9". Going back and forth over an inch that may or may not exist seems peculiar (not that peculiarity ever stops ME from posting).

Ed O.
ED we are talking about the 6' barrier that differentiates a person from tall or short, everyone over 6' is tall and everyone under 6' is short. You should know that. A 5'11" player has no prayer of guarding a 6' player, it's that simple.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
I hope you can all come to grips with the fact that arguing over 1" difference in height of a 19-year-old rookie NBA point-guard is the ultimate exercise in futility.

:clap:

PBF

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
tlong said:
DAMN! I missed it! Personal shots don't bother me Ed. I wish I could have read what he said.
Maybe he can PM you. While I understand that some people don't mind having personal comments made towards them, we don't want to allow things to slide because it might create an atmosphere where people feel comfortable attacking others.

I'm not commenting here because Dan's comment was really bad (it was relatively mild as far as edited comments go) but just because I wanted to express that a consistent "no personal attacks" policy is better than a "this person doesn't mind being personally attacked, but this person does, so I'll edit accordingly" approach.

Hope everyone understands. Now back to basketball.

Ed O.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts