Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we lost our last game, shake it off... shake it off.

Rose, hope that hamstring gets better.
Noah, we can't have two starters with knee troubles.
Taj, take it easy, but not too easy.

To the worldwide Basketball Forum family, I hope you had a magnificient Thanksgiving. I hope you ate to your heart's content, spent time with family and friends, and most importantly, took time to consider all the wonderful reasons to be thankful!

With that said, it's time to get back to business. The last time we met up with Boston was on 11/8/2014, and they beat us at home 106 - 101. We can't let that ride. Boston has won only 4 out of 12 games, one of those wins being against us.

That's not going to happen again!

Chicago Bulls (9 - 6)

PG: Kirk Hinrich

PF: Pau Gasol

C: Cameron Bairstow

SF: Mike Dunleavy, Jr.

SG: Jimmy Butler

Boston Celtics (4 - 8)

PG: Rajon Rondo

PF: Jared Sullinger

C: Kelly Olynyk

SF: Jeff Green

SG: Avery Bradley

PREVIEW: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bulls-celtics-preview-030406005--nba.html

GOOD LUCK CHARM:

Brought to you by the Every Rose Has Its Thorns (ERHIT) Commission

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rose/Butler/Dunleavy/Gasol/Noah starting for the 4th time all year, I think... this game is on now, almost forgot.
LOL.

The preview indicated that more than likely Noah, Rose, and Gibson would be out this game. I started the thread then fell asleep and didn't even watch. :eek:

Glad to see Rose did play. From the highlights I'm looking at, it appears Rose erupted in the 3rd quarter.

Rose 21 pts. (9 - 18, 2 - 6 on 3 pointers) in 27 minutes
Butler 22 pts. (6 - 15), 10 fts., but 40 minutes :(
Gasol, Noah, & Brooks combine for a total of 45 points

Looks like it was a good win.

·
Super Moderator
14,320 Posts
LOL.

The preview indicated that more than likely Noah, Rose, and Gibson would be out this game. I started the thread then fell asleep and didn't even watch. :eek:

Glad to see Rose did play. From the highlights I'm looking at, it appears Rose erupted in the 3rd quarter.

Rose 21 pts. (9 - 18, 2 - 6 on 3 pointers) in 27 minutes
Butler 22 pts. (6 - 15), 10 fts., but 40 minutes :(
Gasol, Noah, & Brooks combine for a total of 45 points

Looks like it was a good win.
We were really sluggish defensively to start and were down by as much as 16 at one point... we made a nice run to close out the second quarter and made it a ballgame from there. Rose scored 12 points in the first 4 minutes of the third quarter. Noah was an animal defensively in the paint for us down the stretch... he had 6 blocks, Mirotic had 5.

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
The 1st quarter was terrible as we gave up 35 pts. Part of that was the Celtics just hitting shots which they normally aren't very good at, but we were also very soft on the interior. Not excusable against such a small team. Eventually we got it together though.

High points of the game for me were:
-- Rose playing the whole game at reasonable minutes and getting a pretty effortless 21 points
-- Butler mastering the art of foul drawing to score 20 pts in spite of being cold otherwise
-- Noah with the 2nd half defensive surge...first time all season I've seen that
-- Mirotic playing a superb all around game

Not our best win but I'll take it. Need more games like this with a healthy starting unit and winnable matchups to get our chemistry on track.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts