Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clips are starting to make too much noise. Clips are getting pub from TNT, FOX, ESPN, laker fans...
This is not good.
Clips are only 5-1 right now.. need to keep under the radar for another 14 more games..

Clips will probably get 1 point on Sunday from the lines makers..
Lakers are getting 2 tonight. If the lines makers make the Clips favorite on Sunday... then you know even Vegas is recognizing that the Clips are legit.

We, here, know this team is legit. Now we're hearing Net fan, sonic fan, laker fan...giving props.

Sam has given this team the attitude and the winning knowledge to get to the next level.
EB is looking SuperStarLike with his extra quickness and deadly mid-range J.

This Clip team is getting it done for now.. The BEST is yet to come.. and when they win games ugly or "nasty" then you know come January... we might be looking at a special team.

Let's just keep it cool and keep people saying.. it's only the Clippers .. and hope they don't take this team serious.. until it's too late for them..
BAM.. you never know.. this season is building up to be something special.

:angel:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
my main man hipclip!!...again with the insightful view!...agreed, we need to play the "dog" and let teams think they can still kick us and keep us down...one day the dog will rebel and bite and that's where we earn their respect...with great expectations come great disappointments so keeping our goals realistic (eg making the playoffs) will make other accomplishments grandiose when we achieve them "unexpectedly".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
Toilets 4 Sale said:
as the mighty MC HAMMER would say "We are too legit too quit!"
i really like that!!!...the clippers should use that as their battle cry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Geez.. Kapt...
we won't be able to surprise any teams at this rate..
too legit to quit...
BraNd wagon...
the Surprising CLIPPERS!..
the FIRST Place CLIPPERS!.
the LEADING the Western Conference CLIPPERS!..
the team that has 14 more games to go to show the LEAGUE they are for real CLIPPERS!

Radar... is whacked... Clips can't fly below the radar anymore..
Clips are making too much noise to surprise anyone...
4 game test... sixers, bucks, lakes, warriors.. let's do a 4 game test..
0-4.. team is not real.
1-3.. team was just teasing us to begin the season.
2-2.. team has potential but it'll take more time (need Livvy back soon).
3-1.. team is bound for something positive.
4-0.. LEGIT stuff. This team is real and going to battle test the top teams in the West.

okay..
so much for radars..
See you at the game Kaptain.
WHO ARE YOU!!! Kaptain?
Clipper Fan #1 or #2 or #3,289???
I CAN'T HEAR YOU KAPTAIN...
All right Kapt Clipper.
My radar stay broke so i'll buy another at Staples next week.
9-1?
8-2!!!
 

·
The Black Mamba
Joined
·
1,652 Posts
Earlier today on ESPN's Around The Horn, the topic of buying or selling the Clippers making the playoffs this year came up. Blackistone, Marrioti, and Paige all sold, each saying they are still the Clippers. Marrioti even chimed in to say that the last time the Clippers went 5-1 they lost the next 12-13 games. Michael Smith was the only one who bought the Clippers, saying that they will make the playoffs this year because they are not your grandfather's Clippers, meaning not your Woody Paige's Clippers. It's good to hear one journalist that believes in the Clippers. Michael Smith is my boy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,157 Posts
The clippers will not be sneaking up on anyone, we've been #1 in the western conference since opening week.

And with pretty much every game in november being a relatively easy win, except for indiana (luckily it'll be a home game, so we've got a good shot at that one too), we may be going into december something like 14-1 or 13-2.

The clips will not sneak up on anyone this year, the fans may call it the same ol' clippers. But trust me, the coaches don't think the same way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,472 Posts
I say screw playing 'the dog." Thats going to be impossible with Sam and Cat on the team. Do u really think Sam is gonna lay low. Hell no, we got him cuz he is a vocal leader. Clips need to stay confident and play with a little swagger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
2 days ago, on my way home from work, I was listening to clipper talk on 1150. There was one caller who said the Clippers mentality should be on winning the NBA championship. The host immediately got on him, telling him that this was a rediculous argument, and that he should stop smoking the funny stuff, but I agree with this caller. To me every player should have this kind of mentality. They should think that their only goal should be winning the championship. Why should they only settle on just making the play offs? I'm not saying that they are going to win the championship but they should have that kind of mentality. This is one reason I admire Argentinians, they always believe they are the best at everything, even if they're not. Look at them this past olympics, you think they would have won the gold medal by thinking they were inferior to the United States or to European powers and that they should just settle for being one of the finalists?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,472 Posts
Serg LeMagnifique said:
2 days ago, on my way home from work, I was listening to clipper talk on 1150. There was one caller who said the Clippers mentality should be on winning the NBA championship. The host immediately got on him, telling him that this was a rediculous argument, and that he should stop smoking the funny stuff, but I agree with this caller. To me every player should have this kind of mentality. They should think that their only goal should be winning the championship. Why should they only settle on just making the play offs? I'm not saying that they are going to win the championship but they should have that kind of mentality. This is one reason I admire Argentinians, they always believe they are the best at everything, even if they're not. Look at them this past olympics, you think they would have won the gold medal by thinking they were inferior to the United States or to European powers and that they should just settle for being one of the finalists?
I agree. You play to win the game!! Even if its a longshot everyones ultimate goal is to win the championship.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,157 Posts
Serg LeMagnifique said:
2 days ago, on my way home from work, I was listening to clipper talk on 1150. There was one caller who said the Clippers mentality should be on winning the NBA championship. The host immediately got on him, telling him that this was a rediculous argument, and that he should stop smoking the funny stuff, but I agree with this caller. To me every player should have this kind of mentality. They should think that their only goal should be winning the championship. Why should they only settle on just making the play offs? I'm not saying that they are going to win the championship but they should have that kind of mentality. This is one reason I admire Argentinians, they always believe they are the best at everything, even if they're not. Look at them this past olympics, you think they would have won the gold medal by thinking they were inferior to the United States or to European powers and that they should just settle for being one of the finalists?
Amare goes down, bye bye Phoenix as a contender.

If Tim Duncan goes down, the clippers better be ready to step up to the highest level, because it'll be wide open. Seriously, i can easily see us taking on san antonio in the conference finals. Just like seattle or phoenix of last year, nobody gave them a shot until more than halfway thru the season.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,917 Posts
14HipClip said:
Let's just keep it cool and keep people saying.. it's only the Clippers .. and hope they don't take this team serious.. until it's too late for them..

QUOTE]

:cheers:

This should be our credo/doctrine/thinking FOR NOW ... :)
 

·
Curse of the Sonics
Joined
·
20,794 Posts
leidout said:
And with pretty much every game in november being a relatively easy win, except for indiana (luckily it'll be a home game, so we've got a good shot at that one too), we may be going into december something like 14-1 or 13-2.
I'd say the only easy wins you have in November, besides the games you've already played, are against the Raptors. Philly, Denver, Cleveland and Minnesota all play really good basketball on their home floors. Clippers will probably go 2-2 at best in those games. The Bucks, Pacers, Warriors and Lakers are also not easy wins in any way. I'd say 2-2 is optimistic in those games.

Clippers should be happy to go into December 10-5, in my opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,130 Posts
Sir Patchwork said:
I'd say the only easy wins you have in November, besides the games you've already played, are against the Raptors. Philly, Denver, Cleveland and Minnesota all play really good basketball on their home floors. Clippers will probably go 2-2 at best in those games. The Bucks, Pacers, Warriors and Lakers are also not easy wins in any way. I'd say 2-2 is optimistic in those games.

Clippers should be happy to go into December 10-5, in my opinion.
But you see, that's your opinion. Ours is different.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,472 Posts
Sir Patchwork said:
I'd say the only easy wins you have in November, besides the games you've already played, are against the Raptors. Philly, Denver, Cleveland and Minnesota all play really good basketball on their home floors. Clippers will probably go 2-2 at best in those games. The Bucks, Pacers, Warriors and Lakers are also not easy wins in any way. I'd say 2-2 is optimistic in those games.

Clippers should be happy to go into December 10-5, in my opinion.
10-5 wouldnt be too bad considering we arent at full stength yet. At that pace we are scheduled to win 54 games. Mags just came back and had 2 good games. Our depth can go 12 deep once Waltaaa and Livingston come back. I bet u said we would probably lose to Washington and Seattle on their home floors too. Dont hate, u must appreciate.
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top