Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to cheer or not..
I personally think Bobby Simmons should be thanking the Clippers and the Fans.. because Mike Dunleavy gave Bobby the chance and with the slick trade for Kerry Kittles.. Bobby got his chance to start and play and then CASH-IN the big BUCKS... congratulations to bobby for making the most of the opportunity.. but he should be sliding coach Dunleavy some BUCKS and throwing some in the stands as he enters Staples... I'm happy for the guy. He's a good guy. But.. i certainly won't be booing him, nor cheering him. The Past is the Past... he used the Clips and got the BUCKS. good luck to him.

Game 8 is all about winning for the Clippers.
Clips need to right the 50% road trip... is that a funny statement.. i'm not satisfied with a 50% winning % on this last road trip.. now they must beat some bucks, lakes and warrs... and get a 3 game winning streak going.

Clips V BSimmons should be a nice story... but let's not get emotional about it... bobby should be cheering us (fans) and the clipper organization.

·
Registered
187 Posts
here's my main man hipclip again with the insightful viewpoint!...i woulda never looked at bobby's new found success in that light, but i can see where you're coming from...still, i'll cheer for bobby not because he was a clipper but rather for him being a good, solid nba playa...but you're right; we need to get the next 3 games and keep us firmly in front where we belong!!

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
I personally wouldn't boo him since he was a big help last year and a overall nice guy but I wouldn't be surprised to hear boo's because of the fact he left.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
i wouldnt boo him. Its not like he spurned the clippers. He went for a team that was willing to overpay him, and to a city where he could be closer to his family. Its not like kobe bryant who dangled us along, making us unload all kinds of salary to qualify for him, just to change his mind at the last second... not like the other ex clippers who went on to bad mouth the clippers after they left like jaric, kandi, etc.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I wouldn't boo him. I think he is really overpaid, but who here would turn down that kind of money. I wish him nothing but the best throughout the season, except for tomorrow, and the next time we play the bucks, at which times I hope his emotions get the best of him, and we go on to with the games.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like Bobby and Corey and Elton got together yesterday.

Bobby better bring that suit-case full of cash to the game with his $2,000 suit. When the Clipper Spirit starts throwing out those t-shirts... Bobby better be right behind them with the wad of cache!

Bobby WAS loved by us (fans) last year cause he was the true underdog making it to the NBA, working his way up the ladder the hard way and then going to the cash register last summer and collecting his bucks.

This game tonight will be about Corey starting. Rebraca starting. Bobby remembering to thank MDunleavy and ARoeser for the opportunity to fill the bucket in the absence of KK.

Clips 101
bucks 93

bank it.
along with some of that cash that bobby will be kicking back to us fans for last year. He got an extra $10million in my estimation because we BACKed him last year and gave him the support (like we all do for the underdog players on the roster... see Singleton this season... see Wilcox last season).

Clipper fans need to change the thinking a little.. this team is no longer an underdog.. The Clips are at the top of the conference, at the Top of the Division... This team is not considered the underdog anymore and other teams know it. The target is getting bigger with each win.

Next game... is the city game that will make pictures change sides. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
5,405 Posts
thats stupid to say "bobby simmon used the clippers for the BUCKS."

bobby simmon worked his *** off to be where he is right now

he contributed solid minutes with his hustle and offensive board solid Defense, solid offense waht else can you ask from this guy type plays while being under paid

so he ask the clippers, ooh mr mr since i did all the dirty work and all can i get paid a decent money and some compensation for being under paid?

the clippers said, you know us we cant afford to go over the salary cap limit giving 9 million a year so **** you go away. plus youre not that known to the public so you wont help us sell tickets, we rather sign cuttino "CAT" mobley who atless he has a cool nickname he can sell more tickets than you.

and the story ends with bobby. poor bobby hes been used by the clippers!!

lame but i'm sure you get what i'm saying

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
whaaaaaa..
I was expecting Bobby to say .. Thank you very much Clippers.. i enjoyed playing for the organization and i will take the fair market value of $39M for my services and since you gave me that opportunity to showcase my hardwork.. i want to stay and i'll take it.
That's what he should have done.
The Clips certainly wouldn't pay...nor the other 28 teams.. $49M for Bobby's services?
CAT for $42M is more real.

As far as i'm concerned.. Bobby's gone. Corey plays his more natural position and Cat fills the role just as well. We'll see at the end of the season if the Clippers were better with Bobby and not getting to the playoffs or without Bobby and perhaps getting to the playoffs.
We'll see...
Whaaaaa, whaaaaa...
poor bobby..
i expect most nba players (with the exception of Olowojunkie) work hard to get that 5-6 year contract for the big bucks and as a fan, i have to accept that the players will always choose the money over loyalty. water is running. Game time is in 6 hours.

Clips 101
bucks 93

1 - 11 of 11 Posts