Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
53-50 at the half

Offense has been off a bit. TJ played well of the bench. Whiteside with 8 and 8. Justise with 9pts. Doing everything well except hitting J's.

Need more from Dragic in the 2nd half. Just 1 3pt fg as a team for the Heat. Felt like a strength in the preseason, but not enough drive and kicks to open 3's.

Difference in this game is the free throw line.

·
Registered
45,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
80-69 after 3

Heat outscore the Magic 30-16 in the 3rd. Big quarter for Hassan on both ends. He's got 16-13-4. He was set up multiple times by Dion getting into the paint and handing it off him for open baskets.

·
Registered
45,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Heat win 108-96

108 points on 49% and hold the Magic to 39%. After looking sluggish on offense in the 1st half, Heat looked much more like the fast, spread offense we saw in the preseason. Just 4-16 from 3, but over 70 points in the paint.

9 players played for the Heat. 6 scored in double figures. Dion had 9. Babbit had 8. McGruder had 6. Very balanced and unselfish. Hassan had 18-14-4. Justise had 15-8-4. 16-6-6 for Dragic. TJ, JJ and Willie Reed were huge off the bench. Overall, 42 points, 17 rebounds and 10 assists off the bench.

Biggest surprise tonight for me was how much the offense ran through Justise. And aside from a couple of end of quarter possessions, he looked comfortable in that role. Just needs to continue working on that J. He has handles and can get to the rim. Teams will back off of him and dare him to shoot.

·
2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
26,553 Posts
Very impressive first outing. Dragic was really slow out of the blocks but finished the game well.

Justise was fantastic, as was TJ. Can't wait for JRich to get back and join in the fun.

·
Tangible
14,515 Posts
James Johnson was awesome. He has an IDGAF attitude about him. Total alpha. I wouldn't be surprised if in practice all up until tonight he never shot the ball, and then he goes out there and starts creating off the dribble and shooting threes.

McGruder guarded multiple positions. They put him on Payton after Payton was destroying us and he shut him down.

·
Registered
45,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, he's bigger, more athletic and has better handles than I thought. I wonder why he couldnt crack that Raptors lineup consistently? Guessing it was mostly because his 3pt shot isnt the best.

Thought for sure Derrick Williams would get the start at the 4 since he started so many games at the 4. Then comes tonight and he not only doesnt start, he doesnt play. That was another surprise for me tonight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts