Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Seattle Seahawks look to further solidify their stranglehold on first place in the NFC West and record their longest winning streak in 21 years when they visit the San Francisco 49ers.

Seattle built its NFC West lead to three games with a 31-16 victory last Sunday over second-place St. Louis. San Francisco and Arizona have fallen five games back of the Seahawks, whose season sweep of the Rams give them the tiebreaker if those teams finish with identical records.

"It's a really cool thing when you can see the changing of the guard," said running back Shaun Alexander, who rushed for 165 yards and three touchdowns on a season-high 33 carries against St. Louis.

The Seahawks, seeking their second straight division title, have won five in a row. A victory Sunday will give the team its longest winning streak since an eight-game run during the 1984 season, when it finished with a franchise-best 12-4 record.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/preview?gid=20051120025

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lets just say this wont be pretty. If you have Alexander on your fantasy team, you're going to have a great week.

Seahawks 41
49ers 10

·
Premium Member
6,651 Posts
I disagree, HOF. The beauty of watching Niners' football this season is seeing how scrappy these guys are (especially defensively) when they play at home.

Indy scored 28 in San Francisco. New York, 24. Both of those squads have the capability of scoring a lot more points.

Will we win? Hell no...I don't see that happening at all. It will be closer than HOF and others think.

San Francisco 9
Seattle 24

·
Registered
227 Posts
so damn close i cant believe it

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
San Fran played their heart out.....They are playing hard....the talent just isnt there.....Man they need to keep giving the ball to Brandon Lloyd....that dude is a play maker....he will make something happen

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice call dre,

Its games like these and the Dallas game that make me believe we truly do have a future and we won't be stuck with a subpar team forever. I thought we would finish the comeback, but it wasn't in the Cards. Looks like the Seahawks will win the NFC West by a lot, lol. Good game though.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, what's sad is I'm okay with the loss for a better draft pick. It was just good seeing the offense and defense show up to play. Dorsey was great yesterday, I wouldnt mind seeing him again next week to see if he can play 2 good games in a row. Also Hicks looked good yesterday, actually, the offense looks better period when Barlow isn't in.

I think we win against the Titans next week!

·
Premium Member
6,651 Posts
HallOfFamer said:
Nice call dre,

Its games like these and the Dallas game that make me believe we truly do have a future and we won't be stuck with a subpar team forever. I thought we would finish the comeback, but it wasn't in the Cards. Looks like the Seahawks will win the NFC West by a lot, lol. Good game though.
I don't think it's that we don't have a subpar team--currently, we do. I think the competitiveness we put out, ESPECIALLY at home, has to do with coaching. We won't do anything if we stand pat w.r.t. our roster. However, with a coach like Mike Nolan at the helm, and drafting and potential free agent signings, we've got a LOT of room upward to go--and could well be moving upward fast in the next season or two.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts