Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Charge!
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The game is over, but we need a game thread to talk about this victory. :clap:

It good to see the Bucks have a nice second half after being down by nine at the half. AI got his 45 points and only need 30 shot attempts and 19 free throws to do it. No, I am not an Iverson fan. :biggrin:

The good guys won by dominating the boards, 55-38, 18 of those were offensive rebounds. This led to the Bucks getting 19 more shot attempts for the game than the 76'ers. Getting that many more shot attempts sure helps contribute to the winning cause, but you still gotta make the shots. The Bucks went to line quite a few times themselves tonight, although Magloire only made 5 of 13 free throw attempts - that needs to improve. Redd did what he is paid to do and went 32,9 and 7.

All in all, its a good win. Congratulations, Bucks.

G-Force

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
Milwaukee Bucks point guard T.J. Ford said in an interview that he was never worried the Bucks would forget about him as he was rehabilitating himself after suffering a spinal cord injury in his rookie season.

"(I was) not worried at all," Ford said, referring to the Bucks losing interest in him. "I know once I get on the court I can control my destiny.

"I think people didn't think I'd have my speed and they didn't think I'd penetrate and go to the paint," Ford said. "I proved people wrong by preparing myself and making myself strong to continue to do things I've done except better."

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/buck/nov05/372918.asp

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
Bucks too tough on boards for Sixers

Allen Iverson poured in 45 points, but Milwaukee used a huge rebounding edge to pull away down the stretch.

By Marc Narducci

Inquirer Staff Writer

<!-- begin body-content --> MILWAUKEE - Allen Iverson was suffering from the flu, but that was not what ailed the 76ers last night.

Lack of rebounding in the fourth quarter and poor marksmanship were their major problems in a 108-97 loss to the Milwaukee Bucks at the Bradley Center.

Iverson scored a season-high 45 points in 45 hard-earned minutes. He shot 13 for 30 from the field, 2 for 5 from three-point range and 17 of 19 from the foul line.

The Sixers (7-6) twice tied the score in the final quarter, the second time on a dunk by Steven Hunter with less than seven minutes left to earn an 88-88 deadlock.

The Bucks promptly went on a 9-0 tear to pull away. They outrebounded the Sixers by 19-7 in the final quarter.

"Rebounding killed us," said Sixers coach Maurice Cheeks. "It's the same old story. It's tough to win a game when you give up 18 offensive rebounds."

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/13248871.htm

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
In the Bucks' minds, a little home cooking would cure whatever ailed them.

That proved to be the case, at least for one night, as the Bucks rallied from a 10-point, third-quarter deficit to defeat the Philadelphia 76ers, 108-97, Wednesday night at the Bradley Center.

"It was a good win," said center Jamaal Magloire, who contributed 11 points and seven rebounds. "Philly is a team that we'll see somewhere down the road in the playoffs so we've got to be able to play against them and play the way we did tonight.

"We weren't concerned at all (after the trip). We have good players and good coaches so it was just a matter of time before we got back on track again."

Guard Michael Redd scored 32 points to lead Milwaukee, scoring 10 point in both the third and fourth quarters and hitting some key jumpers down the stretch. Joe Smith came up big inside for the Bucks, finishing with 18 points and 13 rebounds, and Bobby Simmons pitched in 15 points and nine rebounds.

Guard Mo Williams and rookie Andrew Bogut both provided a spark off the bench. Bogut suffered a broken nose late in the third quarter when he took an inadvertent elbow from Philadelphia's Allen Iverson and played the fourth quarter wearing a protective mask.

"I'm not normally this ugly," said Bogut who sported a good-sized lump on his nose afterward.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/buck/nov05/372983.asp

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
Thanks for starting the thread. We did show good character coming back while down in the middle of the 3rd. Joe Smith had a great game (I think he is being showcased by Larry Harris for a trade) and Bobby Simmons made some great plays down the stretch.

We also got free Quarter Pounders becuase the Bucks scored over 100 points.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts