New Jersey Nets @ Golden State Warriors
Monday November 21st, 2005
10:30 PM, EST
TV Coverage: YES
Radio Coverage: WFAN
Nets Record: 5-4

Probable Starters:

Click Picture for Player Profile

The Nets will start a five game road trip as they travel to California to take on the Golden State Warriors (6-5, 2nd in Pacific, 7th in West).

Click hear to bet some of your uCash on the game!

Team Leaders:
<table border=3 bordercolor="#0000ff" width=100% ><tr align=center><td>Nets</font></td><td> </font></td><td>Warriors</font></td></tr><tr align=center><td>Vince Carter 22.0
</td><td>PPG</td><td>Jason Richardson 22.4</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Richard Jefferson 9.70</td><td>RPG</td><td>Troy Murphy 8.80</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Jason Kidd 6.6</td><td>APG</td><td>Baron Davis 8.3</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Jason Kidd 2.00</td><td>SPG</td><td>Baron Davis 2.33</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Nenad Krstic 1.33</td><td>BPG</td><td>Adonal Foyle 2.20</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Scott Padgett 64.7%</td><td>FG%</td><td>Andris Biedrins 100%</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Scott Padgett 75.0%</td><td>3P%</td><td>Derek Fisher 51.9%</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Scott Padgett 100%</td><td>FT%</td><td>Derek Fisher 82.8%</td></tr></table>

Season Standings:
Atlantic Division

<table border=3 bordercolor="#0000ff" width=100% ><tr align=center><td>Team</td><td>Record</td><td>Game(s) Back</td><tr align=center><td>New Jersey Nets</td><td>5-4</td><td>--</td><tr align=center><td>Philadelphia 76ers</td><td>6-5</td><td>--</td><tr align=center><td>Boston Celtics</td><td>4-5</td><td>1</td><tr align=center><td>New York Knicks</td><td>3-7</td><td>2.5</td><tr align=center><td>Toronto Raptors</td><td>1-9</td><td>4.5</td></table>

Eastern Conference
<table border=3 bordercolor="#0000ff" width=100% ><tr align=center><td>Team</td><td>Record</td><td>Game(s) Back</td><tr align=center><td>Detroit Pistons</td><td>8-1</td><td>--</td><tr align=center><td>Miami Heat</td><td>6-4</td><td>2.5</td><tr align=center><td>New Jersey Nets</td><td>5-4</td><td>3</td><tr align=center><td>Cleveland Cavaliers</td><td>8-2</td><td>.5</td><tr align=center><td>Indiana Pacers</td><td>6-3</td><td>2</td><tr align=center><td>Milwaukee Bucks</td><td>5-3</td><td>2.5</td><tr align=center><td>Washington Wizards</td><td>5-4</td><td>3</td><tr align=center><td>Philadelphia 76ers</td><td>6-5</td><td>3</td></table>

Previous Games:
n/a

Upcoming Games:
December 18th, @ NJ

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I hope the Nets win this game. This is actually winable, the key is we have to rebound missed shots, hit our free throws, and attack the basket in order to win this game.

Nets- 99
Warriors- 93

I hope

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Kidd visits his hometown we get to see Vince and JRich in in the same game I think they'll be a lot of highlights, plus Baron Davis and the JKidd matchup. We should win Golden State doesnt play good D except for BDiddy

KRISTIC MAN UP!

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
A road win is always nice, the nets should be able to pull this off. Am actually interested to see the Jrich-RJ matchup, should be fun

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Scott Padgett should get some minutes in this game too

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gmister said:
I feel Jefferson will blow by Dunleavy every time down the court. Chalk this one up as a win.
Whats up with him this year? I haven't followed the warriors much, but his stats are kind of...not so good?

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
ToddMacCulloch11 said:
Whats up with him this year? I haven't followed the warriors much, but his stats are kind of...not so good?
And thats after he got paid, weird. Now he is not even trade bait cause what team would want to touch a SF that cant even put up decent numbers

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
We cannot leave Troy Murphy open beyond the perimeter and we also cannot let Baron Davis establish the fast break with guys like Jason Richardson and Mike Dunleavy. This is a very good Golden State Warriors team and they are playing very well this season. I am looking forward to Nenad Krstic establishing himself in the paint/post and I would love to see bench/role players like Scott Padgett and Jeff McInnis get more minutes in place of some our players like Jason Kidd and Richard Jefferson. We cannot give up as many turnovers, we need to play solid basketball and force the other team to make mistakes and get into their heads. Should be a good game all around. Prediction: Nets 103 Warriors 98

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
kamaze said:
...We should win Golden State doesnt play good D except for BDiddy

Err, if there's one thing the Warriors did really well this year, it is their perimeter defense. Last year's Warriors really have no resemblance of this year's Warriors, defensively. You would even be suprised by Mike Dunleavy's defense.

With that said, to me their low-post defense is still a question mark. No one, other than Adonald Foyle, can play consistent low-post D so Krstic can have a field day provided he doesn't get into foul trouble.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
ToddMacCulloch11 said:
Dunleavy has been struggling mightyly with his shooting for some reasons. And lately, that has affected his overall plays. Dunleavy's shots looked good every time he releases the ball, but they just weren't going in.

So for that, Mickael Pietrus has been playing more than Dunleavy recently. Pietrus is a guy the Nets should worry about coming off the bench since no one on the Nets bench can match Pietrus' athleticism. If Pietrus keeps playing like the past few games, he could really hurt the Nets' second unit with his drive-to-the-basket moves.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
I know if Vince doesn't play big on this road trip we won't be very happy ay the end of it

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Ah man, this is one of the best games of the year for me. The Murph-man going up against Vinsanity :headbang: Not to mention J-Rich and Vince might even have an all-night dunk-a-thon :D.

Unfortunately, this is not going to be an easy win. Golden State is playing great and we're not so much so. SO, I predict our first over-time win of the season :banana:.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I didn't notice anything special from Golden State's defense when I watched them play the Knicks twice MiightyRed so there's no reason for me to believe Jason Richardson will do a good job on Vince nor do I believe Michael Dunleavy can slow down RJ they also don't have anyone inside besides Adonal Foyle so the team can penetrate and post.

TAKE IT UP STRONG NENAD!

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
This is the game where I can see Vince going nuts and putting up 40.

I also guarantee Kidd will have double digit assists.

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
Now this game is winnable. Rebounding is the key, especially offensively. More rebounds more shots. Our defense is also improving.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
I think Troy Murphy will have a big game...he's big and he can shoot from the outside--usually the type of guy who consistently ruins our defense.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Yeah, I think Kidd will feel good playing in his hometown. Nets win

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Joumana Kidd should also be in attendance because she works out there. :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 509 Posts