Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
November 18, 2005 - 7:30 PM (EST)

Philadelphia 76ers (6-3) @ Miami Heat (5-3)

American Airlines Arena, Miami, FL

Head Coaches:

Maurice Cheeks/Stan Van Gundy

Projected Starting Lineups:

Allen Iverson/Andre Iguodala/Kyle Korver/Chris Webber/Steven Hunter

Jason Williams/Dwyane Wade/James Posey/Udonis Haslem/Alonzo Mourning

KEY MATCHUP:

- Andre Iguodala -VS- Dwyane Wade -

No Shaq. No problem.

GO SIXERS!!!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I don't think the Heat are that good yet. Still it'll be a good gage to see where we are as a team.

AI is gonna light up J-will.

Sixers win 7 in a row.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I worry about this game. I think it could snap the streak, but I really hope it does not. I have not see any game footage, but I read the box scores and watch the gametrackers, this season has been exciting.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I think Without Shaq Miami is a mediocre team Shaq is not only a dominating inside presence but he also frees up everyone else on his team when he is in the game bc other teams are forced to double down I am not worried about this game at all bc we seem to be doing a good job of shutting certain players down and to beat the Shaq-less heat all you have to do is stop wade and you win

7 in row go sixers

·
Registered
659 Posts
Route I-76 said:
I think Without Shaq Miami is a mediocre team Shaq is not only a dominating inside presence but he also frees up everyone else on his team when he is in the game bc other teams are forced to double down I am not worried about this game at all bc we seem to be doing a good job of shutting certain players down and to beat the Shaq-less heat all you have to do is stop wade and you win

7 in row go sixers
I agree again with you I -76...I tend to agree with u alot......The Heat are not playing good ball this year since Shaq's been out. I've been watching all of thier games as well as the Sixers since my wife is a Heat fan :rocket: ....We will own the WADES....I mean the Heat............7 in a Row BABY!!!!!
......I cant wait till tip-off!!!! ME and my wife always bet on our games.....I cant tell ya what we bet....might be some kids in here lol...........

Oh yeah.....I hope Alonzo dont slap Webber around to bad.......lol....thats a mean dude

·
Registered
656 Posts
I don't think the Sixers are good enough to pencil in any W's before a game. Not yet. They have a good chance of losing this game if they take Miami for granted without Shaq.

·
Your Fav. Personal Demon
4,155 Posts
SixersFan said:
I don't think the Sixers are good enough to pencil in any W's before a game. Not yet. They have a good chance of losing this game if they take Miami for granted without Shaq.
Word

·
Registered
659 Posts
SixersFan said:

I'm not penciling in a win....I just have faith in my team :woot: .....Thats just me!!!!!!! And like I said I've watched every Miami game and they haven't impressed me at all! I think we will beat them. Did you see New Orleans almost smash the Heat, if it wasn't for Wade in the last seconds........

SIXERS OWN!!!!

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
DieSlow69 said:
I'm not penciling in a win....I just have faith in my team :woot: .....Thats just me!!!!!!!
Good to see at least a few others that do around here :cheers:

·
We Just Wanna Chill
12,088 Posts
Should be a good game. Two of the top teams in the East (so far) is always exciting.
Heat still trying to find any chemistry they can get, plus no shaq....but I also have faith in my team! :biggrin:

Sixers have one of my favorite players in the NBA in A.I., yet i fear him so much when he plays against the Heat. pairing with webber, sixers have a legitemate chance to win. Hers hoping A.I. wont have a good game for my teams sake lol :cheers:

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I think the Sixers take this. Shouldn't underestimate Zo though, his energy scares me.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
sure we don't have Shaq...but Zo is still a ton better than any of your centers, we don't lose an advantage there.

It should be a good game, we'll rise up and play against a good team at home...should be interesting.

·
Your Fav. Personal Demon
4,155 Posts
I agree it'll be a fun game to watch. As for Zo I'd say at this point in his career him and a healthy Sammy are on the same level. But Dally's hurt of course and steven Hunter's got the assignment of gaurding a superior center...what else is new though?

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
RedsDrunk said:
I agree it'll be a fun game to watch. As for Zo I'd say at this point in his career him and a healthy Sammy are on the same level. But Dally's hurt of course and steven Hunter's got the assignment of gaurding a superior center...what else is new though?
Come on dude there is no way Sammy and Zo are on the same level Sammys def more talented than Zo is at this point in his career but Sammy is injured so Zo and Hunter yah i would say no big difference there but it doesnt matter if you Zo is the better center bc he doesnt draw the attention Shaq does so like i said be4 all we have to do is shut down wade and we got 7 in a row

·
Your Fav. Personal Demon
4,155 Posts
Route I-76 said:
Come on dude there is no way Sammy and Zo are on the same level Sammys def more talented than Zo is at this point in his career but Sammy is injured so Zo and Hunter yah i would say no big difference there but it doesnt matter if you Zo is the better center bc he doesnt draw the attention Shaq does so like i said be4 all we have to do is shut down wade and we got 7 in a row

-Hands Route the "longest sentence without punctuation" award-

Congrats brother

·
Jedi/Sith Hybrid
1,455 Posts
Zo's effect should be somewhat negated by the fact that CWebb will make nice inside passes for finishers around the rim like Nailon, Iggy and hopefully a couple from Hunter. Iverson WILL light up Jason Williams, no surprises there. The real key will be if Iggy can now become a Wade stopper. I personally think I can, but refs love to help Wade out by sending him to the free throw line damn near every other possession so the foul trouble will be critical from a defensive standpoint. Korver should do a nice job on Walker, especially if he keeps up the hustle. It'll be a great game to say the least.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I don't think the Sixers are at the level to count their wins. They could lose any given night to any team, if A.I plays ok, with no help. The Heat have not looked impressive, I want to see Iguodala on Wade, cause that boy was covering Kobe in that game, and he intimidated Kobe. Want to see how good of a defender that kid is. I don't like Jason Williams, his defense is pathetic. I hope A. I doesn't burn us that much. I think will win this one, unless Iguodala is the truth, and could contain Wade. Zo is going to manhandle your frontline too.

·
Jedi/Sith Hybrid
1,455 Posts
DWadeistheTruth said:
I don't think the Sixers are at the level to count their wins. They could lose any given night to any team, if A.I plays ok, with no help. The Heat have not looked impressive, I want to see Iguodala on Wade, cause that boy was covering Kobe in that game, and he intimidated Kobe. Want to see how good of a defender that kid is. I don't like Jason Williams, his defense is pathetic. I hope A. I doesn't burn us that much. I think will win this one, unless Iguodala is the truth, and could contain Wade. Zo is going to manhandle your frontline too.
Good points, but not so sure about Zo being much of a factor offensively down low. Defensively he'll always be a threat but that's the major part of his impact.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
RedsDrunk said:
-Hands Route the "longest sentence without punctuation" award-

Congrats brother
Lol Oh i didnt know this was grammar school jus hear to disscuss some Sixer ball not here to impress all the english teachers around the world

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
you guys seem to be underestimating both Zo and Udon inside offensively....i guess we'll see, but I think we'll win the battle inside....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts