Quite frankly, I'm...
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

vs.

Marquee Matchup

vs.

Team Comparison

Code:
Team  	      Records  	Standings  	PF  	PA  	Home/Road  	AFC  	NFC  	DIV  	Streak 
 Green Bay 	2-8-0 	4th NFC North 	218 	204 	1-4-0 Road 	0-3-0 	2-5-0 	0-3-0 	Lost 1
 Philadelphia 	4-6-0 	4th NFC East 	210 	232 	3-1-0 Home 	3-1-0 	1-5-0 	0-4-0 	Lost 4

·
Quite frankly, I'm...
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
GAME PREVIEW

Sunday, November 27, 2005
4:15 PM on FOX at Lincoln Financial Field

On Sunday, the Eagles (4-6) square off against the Green Bay Packers (2-8) in what could be Brett Favre's last game in Philadelphia. Kickoff for the contest is 4:15 p.m. at Lincoln Financial Field.

Though in the midst of a four-game losing streak, Philadelphia showed a lot of fight last week against New York.

Green Bay, meanwhile, dropped seven of its first eight games and is coming off a Monday night loss at home to the Vikings. But the players there have not quit on head coach Mike Sherman.

Lincoln Financial Field has been a house of horrors for the Packers, the 2004 NFC North champions, the last two seasons. First, it was the famed "4th-and-26" in the 2003 playoffs. Last season, it was a 47-17 blowout thanks to a career game from Donovan McNabb (464 passing yards, five touchdowns) and another outstanding effort from Brian Westbrook (11 catches for 156 yards and 3 scores).

Last December, Favre was sacked three times and picked off twice before exiting the game with a paltry 32.4 quarterback rating.

However, both teams will certainly be sporting different looks on Sunday. Mike McMahon makes his second start as an Eagle, replacing the injured Donovan McNabb. The Packers, meanwhile, are without home run hitting receiver Javon Walker and perennial All-Pro running back Ahman Green. Both players are on Injured Reserve.

The Packers are a much different team this year. In free agency, they lost two of their key offensive linemen, Mike Wahle and Marco Rivera, as well as a pair of veterans in their secondary in Bhawoh Jue and Darren Sharper.

Green Bay still has Donald Driver as well as little-known running back Samkon Gado, who has impressed at times. Favre, too, is always dangerous.

Including playoffs, the Eagles have won three straight against the Pack.
GameDay

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Two broken teams both won't make the playoffs much less do anything if they get there, well there's always Edgerrin James in free agency. Nuff said about how this game will go, an aggressive defense goes a long way, an Offense without T.O? No never will work Packers 13 Eagles 0

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
The Packers haven't won in Philadelphia in a long time, I'm thinking 45 years? I hope this streak continues.

I'm just hoping Mike McMahon shows progress from last week, this is a very winnable game. Of course Todd Herremans is out there and he's going to have to go against Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, not the matchup you want in your first NFL start.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Mike Mcmahon made this team better at running the football, sadly didn't do much else the rest of the game against New York, he's now 1-7 as a starter and counting.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Sixerfanforlife said:
Mike Mcmahon made this team better at running the football, sadly didn't do much else the rest of the game against New York, he's now 1-7 as a starter and counting.
How do you figure? The team rushed for more yards against Dallas than it did against New York.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Good game guys.. Another close and frustrating Packers loss.. Could very well be 9-2 if things have gone our way but they havent and fall to 2-9.. Oh well... :laugh:

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Sixerfanforlife said:
Rod Hood saved the Eagles, from an almost 5th straight defeat getting the game-winning interception 21 15 EAGLES
It was 19-14, not 21-15.

I thought this Samkon Gado kid on the Packers stunk, but he's showed some promise these past few weeks, he's a much better player than I expected. He's not the fastest, and probably isn't a starter in this league but he should definitely be a capable reserve.

Mike McMahon is an irritating player to watch, after he threw a ball like a yard over Westbrook's head I turned and asked my brother if he had the sports hernia as well. It was a joke, but the guy is inaccurate as hell, and he doesn't look much if at all to the receivers.

Brian Westbrook had a very strong game on the ground a lot of it has to do with the offensive line, with Artis Hicks and Hank Fraley out, the Eagles actually replaced them with better runblockers in Adrian Clarke and Jamal Jackson if these guys can keep up their play I'd have a hard time reasoning them not starting next season. Todd Herremans struggled some had a few penalties, but overall looked solid in his first NFL start.

Billy McMullen is a lot more surehanded now than he was in the past, I still believe he'll have to fight for a job next year but if he keeps up his progress he should have a job in the league. Reggie Brown had a few balls thrown his way, but he couldn't get to them, a few times he was tangled up with Ahmad Carroll and on another it was thrown too far, he had a good downfield block on one of Westbrook's big runs. Greg Lewis had a solid showing, but I'm still convinced that he's nothing more than a #3 receiver at best.

Defensively, the Linebacking core is easily the worst unit of the team. If it's not bad enough to lack in size as a unit, it also hurts when the LB core is one of the most unathletic in the league. Dhani Jones is almost always the first guy to miss, and Keith Adams is a special teams player, also Jeremiah Trotter sticks out like a sore thumb in pass coverage. At this point of the season, I actually believe that Mark Simoneau is the team's best LB.

Overall the tackling on the defensive end of the ball is sad, the first man will almost always miss. Some players stepped up big today (Michael Lewis, and Rod Hood) but others were underwhelming. Trent Cole has been a surprise, and I hope he continues on this pace, he is a relentless pass rusher, I still think the team should get a guy who can swing on both sides to rotate with Cole and Kearse.

·
Quite frankly, I'm...
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Coatesvillain said:
I thought this Samkon Gado kid on the Packers stunk, but he's showed some promise these past few weeks, he's a much better player than I expected. He's not the fastest, and probably isn't a starter in this league but he should definitely be a capable reserve.
Did you see missed tackle by Brian Dawkins on Gado? I was :curse: him but he made it up with a recovered fumble. But still, you can't missed to tackle a guy that close.

Coatesvillain said:
Mike McMahon is an irritating player to watch, after he threw a ball like a yard over Westbrook's head I turned and asked my brother if he had the sports hernia as well. It was a joke, but the guy is inaccurate as hell, and he doesn't look much if at all to the receivers.
:laugh: Good one.

I don't think Reid will go with Detmer against Seattle. Our offense needs to be spread.

Coatesvillain said:
Trent Cole has been a surprise, and I hope he continues on this pace, he is a relentless pass rusher, I still think the team should get a guy who can swing on both sides to rotate with Cole and Kearse.
:yes: on Cole. But that was a bull call on him by officials. Roughing the passer? What bull! But it was good to know that we sealed the game on defensive end.

·
Quite frankly, I'm...
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Images from the game...

Philadelphia Eagles running back Brian Westbrook (36) passes Green Bay Packers linebacker Roy Manning (54) as he makes a 27-yard touchdown run in the first quarter Sunday, Nov. 27, 2005, in Philadelphia.

Green Bay Packers tight end Donald Lee (86) watches as Philadelphia Eagles safety Michael Lewis (32) makes an end-zone interception of a Brett Favre pass in the second quarter Sunday, Nov. 27, 2005, in Philadelphia. Watching the play is side judge Dave Wyant (16).

Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre walks off the field after the game with the Philadelphia Eagles, Sunday, Nov. 27, 2005, in Philadelphia. Philadelphia cornerback Roderick Hood picked off a Favre pass in the end zone with 59 seconds left in the game with the Packers trailing by five. Philadelphia won 19-14.

Philadelphia Eagles kicker David Akers celebrates his third field goal against the Green Bay Packers in the fourth quarter, Sunday, Nov. 27, 2005, in Philadelphia. Akers kicked four field goals as Philadelphia won, 19-14.

Post-game Comments

Andy Reid on Sunday's win against Packers

Sheldon Brown and Brian Dawkins on what Sunday's win means for the team

Mike McMahon says they have to take one game at a time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts