Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
November 23rd, 2005 - 7:00 PM (Central Time)

Minnesota Timberwolves (5-4) @ New Orleans Hornets (4-6)

Previous Meetings:

N/A

Projected Starting Lineup:

PG - Marko Jaric
SG - Trenton Hassell
SF - Wally Szczerbiak
PF - Kevin Garnett
C - Michael Olowokandi

Reserves:

PG - Troy Hudson
F/C - Eddie Griffin
SG - Rashad McCants
SG - Richie Frahm
F/C - Mark Madsen
PG - Anthony Carter
G/F - Ronald Dupree

Projected Starting Lineup:

PG - Chris Paul (16.6 PPG - 6.3 APG - 5.2 RPG)
SG - JR Smith (12.8 PPG - 2.8 RPG - 2.2 APG)
SF - Bostjan Nachbar (7.9 PPG - 2.6 RPG - 1.7 APG)
PF - David West (15.3 PPG - 7.1 RPG - 1.8 APG)
C - PJ Brown (11.1 PPG - 8.5 RPG - 1.5 APG)

Reserves:

G - Speedy Claxton (14.9 PPG - 4.6 APG)
C - Chris Andersen (6.2 PPG - 6.9 RPG - 1.3 BLK)
SF - Desmond Mason (7.0 PPG - 3.0 RPG)
G/F - Kirk Snyder (7.0 PPG - 3.3 RPG - 2.7 APG)
SF - Rasual Butler (3.0 PPG - 1.4 RPG)
F/C - Jackson Vroman (2.2 PPG - 1.7 RPG)
F - Brandon Bass (2.8 PPG - 1.2 RPG)

JR Smith is expected to start tonight, so the Hornets should be at full strength coming in. Minny hasn't won a game on the road this season yet, but with KG on the floor they have a shot at winning every game. Minny is a pretty good defensive team, and they don't turn the ball over much, but they can be dominated on the boards, and their 3 point shooting has been poor. The key is not letting Wally or someone else go off for 20 points or so, because you know KG is going to get his, so the other guys have to be limited. A win here for the Hornets and they will gain more credibility.

·
Poetry in Motion
634 Posts
sounded like a good game.. i wasn't able to make it tonight and i missed it on tv as well.. and i'm pretty disappointed desmond has been struggling like he has.. the box score shows another nice game from chris paul, 21 points, 9 rebounds and 8 assists.. david west had 22/13 and p.j. had a double double w/ 13/10.. and yeah, go hornets! :cheers:

·
Rest In Peace girllovesthegame
6,253 Posts
TheChampion said:
sounded like a good game.. i wasn't able to make it tonight and i missed it on tv as well.. and i'm pretty disappointed desmond has been struggling like he has.. the box score shows another nice game from chris paul, 21 points, 9 rebounds and 8 assists.. david west had 22/13 and p.j. had a double double w/ 13/10.. and yeah, go hornets! :cheers:
Chris Paul (almost had a triple double) really gets West involved. I'm so proud of West right now! I was hoping he wouldn't be a total bust. 1st season he struggled, 2nd season he was injured. 3rd season he's on a roll and I hope he continues! Go Hornets!! :clap:

·
Charge!
3,922 Posts
Looks like it was an ugly shooting game, but the Hornets had a good second half and won it in the fourth quarter. It also looks like the fasn in Oklahoma City has been supporting the Hornets very well with paid attendance of over 19,000.

G-Force

·
Rest In Peace girllovesthegame
6,253 Posts
G-Force said:
Looks like it was an ugly shooting game, but the Hornets had a good second half and won it in the fourth quarter. It also looks like the fasn in Oklahoma City has been supporting the Hornets very well with paid attendance of over 19,000.

G-Force
Yes they have been very supportive. They're excited to have a pro team in OKC. Trying to show the league they can support a team. I'll bet they were very excited to see KG and the guys tonight.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice win for New Orleans. David West and Chris Paul are kicking some *** right now, and they are starting to make me like this team a bunch.

·
Stinging the West!
2,551 Posts
I think West has finally unleashed!
It was time though :biggrin:
Keep it up David

1 - 10 of 10 Posts