Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
<center>

New Jersey Nets (5-7) @ Los Angeles Lakers (5-6)

Staples Center

Date: Sunday, November 27th
Time: 6:30 pm

Television:

FSN West

Radio:

Xtra Sports 570 ESPN 1330

Probable Starters:

J. Kidd V. Carter R. Jefferson J. Collins N. Krstic

S. Parker K. Bryant L. Odom B. Cook C. Mihm

Key Reserves:
Los Angeles Lakers

Andrew Bynum
Aaron McKie
Laron Profit
Sasha Vujacic

New Jersey Nets

Marc Jackson
Jeff McInnis
Zoran Planinic
Clifford Robinson

Team Leaders:
<table border=3 bordercolor="#9932CC" width=100% ><tr align=center><td>Lakers</font></td><td> </font></td><td>Nets</font></td></tr><tr align=center><td>Kobe Bryant 33.1</td><td>PPG</td><td>Vince Carter 20.9</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Lamar Odom 9.6</td><td>RPG</td><td>Richard Jefferson 9.1</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Lamar Odom 5.2</td><td>APG</td><td>Jason Kidd 6.5</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Smush Parker 2.2</td><td>SPG</td><td>Jason Kidd 2.1</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Chris Mihm 1.0</td><td>BPG</td><td>Nenad Krstic 1.2</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Brian Cook .560</td><td>FG%</td><td>Linton Johnson 1.000</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Smush Parker .404</td><td>3PT%</td><td>Scott Padgett 1.000</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Andrew Bynum 1.000</td><td>FT%</td><td>Scott Padgett 1.000</td></tr></table>

Season Standings:
Pacific Division

<table border=3 bordercolor="#0000ff" width=100% ><tr align=center><td>Team</td><td>Record</td><td>Game(s) Back</td><tr align=center><td>Los Angeles Clippers</td><td>9-3</td><td>--</td><tr align=center><td>Phoenix Suns</td><td>7-5</td><td>2.0</td><tr align=center><td>Golden State Warriors</td><td>8-6</td><td>2.0</td><tr align=center><td>Sacramento Kings</td><td>6-7</td><td>3.5</td><tr align=center><td>Los Angeles Lakers</td><td>5-6</td><td>3.5</td></table>

Western Conference
<table border=3 bordercolor="#0000ff" width=100% ><tr align=center><td>Team</td><td>Record</td><td>Game(s) Back</td><tr align=center><td>Dallas Mavericks</td><td>9-2</td><td>--</td><tr align=center><td>Los Angeles Clippers</td><td>9-3</td><td>0.5</td><tr align=center><td>Denver Nuggets</td><td>8-6</td><td>2.5</td><tr align=center><td>San Antonio Spurs</td><td>10-3</td><td>--</td><tr align=center><td>Memphis Grizzlies</td><td>8-5</td><td>2.0</td><tr align=center><td>Phoenix Suns</td><td>7-5</td><td>2.5</td><tr align=center><td>Golden State Warriors</td><td>8-6</td><td>2.5</td><tr align=center><td>Minnesota Timberwolves</td><td>6-5</td><td>3.0</td></table>

Kidd a Nash fan and vice versa
BY DAVE D'ALESSANDRO
Star-Ledger Staff

PHOENIX -- They have much in common now, not the least of which is a purity of purpose and the leadership of wounded teams trying to keep their head above .500 waters.

But Jason Kidd and Steve Nash also share a mutual admiration, effusive in its intensity, even though once upon a time they were competing for the same job. Now they compete only for the distinction of being the best at their position, though Kidd makes it pretty clear who deserves that endorsement.

"Steve is my pick. Steve is right there. Steve is the best. He's the MVP," Kidd said yesterday, as he and the Nets prepared for last night's encounter with Nash and the Suns. "It's great to see somebody that I've played against and also had some battles in working out (with) back in the Bay Area, now to see him at the highest point of his game. It's great."

[More in URL]

Nets Forum Game Thread
</center>

·
heatseeker
7,066 Posts
I think we should have this one if Lamar give us 25+ and Cook has another good game , My prediction is a win!

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Lamar must get going, as always. Shouldn't be too hard given the Nets' weak frontcourt, though RJ will torch Odom by getting him into foul trouble.

·
Hurt Squad
4,842 Posts
i think it will be a close game.. EHL you should join in the fantasy draft cuz it would be tight to see how a veteran lakers fan like u would do in a fantasy draft. I started this so the likes of u, cris, damian necronamous and Brian34Cook would join.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"Brian Cook, who had a season-high 17 points in the victory over Seattle, left practice with flu-like symptoms. His status for tonight's game against New Jersey will be determined today. … Coach Phil Jackson said Luke Walton, who has been sidelined more than six weeks with a hamstring injury and then a hip strain, is likely to be activated before tonight's game"

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
lakers win!

·
heatseeker
7,066 Posts
Brian34Cook said:
"Brian Cook, who had a season-high 17 points in the victory over Seattle, left practice with flu-like symptoms. His status for tonight's game against New Jersey will be determined today. … Coach Phil Jackson said Luke Walton, who has been sidelined more than six weeks with a hamstring injury and then a hip strain, is likely to be activated before tonight's game"
Damn, If he dosent play then who will start? Bynum im guessing.

·
Player
7,852 Posts
lakers have too many injury woes for such a thin team. not like they were deep like the marianas with everyone healthy.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Lakermike05 said:
Damn, If he dosent play then who will start? Bynum im guessing.
Nah, we need Bynum's size off the bench. It would probably be Profit again.

Man, all of our key players are going down.

Kwame Brown
Devean George
Brian Cook
...Slava Medvedenko :laugh:

We were thin in the first place...without these guys, we are transparent.

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
Brian34Cook said:

The second I praise that softy, something always follows. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
CDRacingZX6R said:
The second I praise that softy, something always follows. :banghead:
Then I must be a softy too.. I had the effort with the flu to make a game thread.. If I can do this, I'd hope he could play some at least.. Unless he's feeling worse than I am (like crap!).. :banana:

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
Brian34Cook said:
Then I must be a softy too.. I had the effort with the flu to make a game thread.. If I can do this, I'd hope he could play some at least.. Unless he's feeling worse than I am (like crap!).. :banana:

Sounds more like sympathy pains that a husband has with his pregnant wife. :biggrin:

I've had to work lots of times through horrible flus and colds, thats all about being tough I guess.. Just ask Jordon.

1 - 20 of 192 Posts