New Jersey Nets @ Phoenix Suns
Friday November 25th, 2005
10:30 PM, EST
TV Coverage: YESESPN
Radio Coverage: WFAN
Nets Record: 5-6

Probable Starters:

Click Picture for Player Profile

After starting the road trip with 2 straight losses, the Nets will look to get back on track as they travel to Arizona to take on the Phoenix Suns (6-5, 2nd in Pacific, 6th in West).

Team Leaders:
<table border=3 bordercolor="#0000ff" width=100% ><tr align=center><td>Nets</font></td><td> </font></td><td>Suns</font></td></tr><tr align=center><td>Vince Carter 20.7
</td><td>PPG</td><td>Shawn Marion 19.5</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Richard Jefferson 8.80</td><td>RPG</td><td>Shawn Marion 13.00</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Jason Kidd 6.8</td><td>APG</td><td>Steve Nash 11.3</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Jason Kidd 2.00</td><td>SPG</td><td>Shawn Marion 1.82</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Nenad Krstic 1.27</td><td>BPG</td><td>Shawn Marion 1.82</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Antoine Wright/Linton Johnson III 100%</td><td>FG%</td><td>Brain Grant 61.9%</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Scott Padgett 50.0%</td><td>3P%</td><td>James Jones 44.6%</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Scott Padgett 100%</td><td>FT%</td><td>Steve Nash 97.7%</td></tr></table>

Season Standings:
Atlantic Division

<table border=3 bordercolor="#0000ff" width=100% ><tr align=center><td>Team</td><td>Record</td><td>Game(s) Back</td><tr align=center><td>Philadelphia 76ers</td><td>7-6</td><td>--</td>
<tr align=center><td>New Jersey Nets</td><td>5-6</td><td>1</td><tr align=center><td>Boston Celtics</td><td>4-7</td><td>2</td><tr align=center><td>New York Knicks</td><td>3-8</td><td>3</td><tr align=center><td>Toronto Raptors</td><td>1-11</td><td>5.5</td></table>

Eastern Conference
<table border=3 bordercolor="#0000ff" width=100% ><tr align=center><td>Team</td><td>Record</td><td>Game(s) Back</td><tr align=center><td>Detroit Pistons</td><td>9-1</td><td>--</td><tr align=center><td>Miami Heat</td><td>7-4</td><td>2.5</td><tr align=center><td>Philadelphia 76ers</td><td>7-6</td><td>3.5</td><tr align=center><td>Cleveland Cavaliers</td><td>9-3</td><td>1</td><tr align=center><td>Indiana Pacers</td><td>7-3</td><td>2</td><tr align=center><td>Milwaukee Bucks</td><td>6-4</td><td>3</td><tr align=center><td>New Jersey Nets</td><td>5-6</td><td>4.5</td><tr align=center><td>Washington Wizards</td><td>5-6</td><td>4.5</td></table>

Previous Games:
n/a

Upcoming Games:
March 27th, @ NJ

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Great job as usual ToddMacCulloch11. :clap: I feel if we play defense we can win because the Phoenix Suns mainly rely on their offense. Stick with Shawn Marion and Steve Nash mainly. If we play defense and shoot over 45% I think this game is ours. :cheers:

Reactions:

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
Dooch said:
If we play defense and shoot over 45% I think this game is ours. :cheers:
As opposed to playing no defense and shooting 54%. :curse:

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
ghoti said:
As opposed to playing no defense and shooting 54%. :curse:
Isn't that what happened tonight?

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Dooch said:
Isn't that what happened tonight?
Yeah.. The team shot .538 but defense was non-existent. :cry:

·
Banned
4,660 Posts
I'll be attending this game.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
7M3 said:
I'll be attending this game.
Lucky. Will you be able to take pictures? If so please post them up. :cheers:

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Just refreshing the game thread for tonight... Go Nets!! :cheers:

·
Banned
845 Posts
I thought Kurt starts not James Jones?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Man I don't wanna be 5-7. It will be a big disadvantage for morale if happens.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Hey Todd how do you know Vince will be playing and if Collins will be starting over Collins

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hbwoy said:
Hey Todd how do you know Vince will be playing and if Collins will be starting over Collins
I was just guessing. I figured if there was talk about Vince maybe going for the last game, he'd be going by now.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
This could get ugly in a hurry. Phoenix likes to play small ball and i'm not sure the Nets really can keep up with them.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Hey Todd were you slow this time about game topic? :p

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
We have to somehow find a way to keep up with and contain Shawn Marion and Steve Nash. They also have other role players like Boris Diaw and Eddie House who have been contributing. I've been looking at the box scores and Eddie House one time led the Phoenix Suns in scoring with 31 points so we have to be prepared for a hard fought game.

·
All my teams suck
8,686 Posts
Vaughn is going to have to come in at sometime during this game. Kidd can't keep up w/nash and McInnis can't either. I suggest a lineup of:

Vaughn
Kidd
Carter (if he plays)
Jefferson
Krstic

this will also allow RJ to play on Marion, instead of Robinson or Collins or Padgett.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Chaser 55 said:
these damn West Coast games start too late. :curse:

hey! I should be the one complaining in here!
at least you can watch the game on tv.....

guys, they're not gonna show the game here in Canada, so I rely on you....

please don't post only things that I can see on the play by play...

let me know more details other than the stats, like... for example...do they look confident... or anxious..
is someone letargic?....reactions from the bench... what's the energy level... are they complaining too much with the refs?

so that I can have a better feeling for the game and what's going on....

hope you get my point! :banana:

·
Registered
839 Posts
jerseygirl said:
hey! I should be the one complaining in here!
at least you can watch the game on tv.....

guys, they're not gonna show the game here in Canada, so I rely on you....

please don't post only things that I can see on the play by play...

let me know more details other than the stats, like... for example...do they look confident... or anxious..
is someone letargic?....reactions from the bench... what's the energy level... are they complaining too much with the refs?

so that I can have a better feeling for the game and what's going on....

hope you get my point! :banana:
HERE HERE! :cheers:

1 - 20 of 306 Posts