Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
November 23rd, 2005 - 9:30 PM (Central Time)
San Antonio Spurs (9-2) @ Golden State Warriors (7-5)

Previous Meetings:

N/A

Projected Starting Lineup:

PG - Tony Parker (21.5 PPG - 5.6 APG - 3.2 RPG)
SG - Manu Ginobili (14.5 PPG - 4.4 RPG - 2.9 APG)
SF - Bruce Bowen (7.1 PPG - 3.3 RPG - 1.5 APG)
PF - Tim Duncan (21.7 PPG - 12.0 RPG - 3.2 APG)
C - Rasho Nesterovic (5.5 PPG - 4.0 RPG - 0.7 BPG)

Reserves:

G/F - Michael Finley (8.0 PPG - 3.8 RPG - 1.3 APG)
PG - Nick Van Exel (6.5 PPG - 2.0 APG - 1.5 RPG)
F/C - Robert Horry (6.1 PPG - 4.5 RPG - 1.3 APG)
C - Nazr Mohammed (3.6 PPG - 2.8 RPG)
F/C - Fabricio Oberto (2.7 PPG - 3.1 RPG)
G/F - Brent Barry (2.8 PPG - 1.0 RPG - 1.4 APG)
PG - Beno Udrih (1.8 PPG - 1.5 APG)

Projected Starting Lineup:

PG - Baron Davis (16.2 PPG - 8.7 APG - 4.5 RPG)
SG - Jason Richardson (22.4 PPG - 7.4 RPG - 2.2 APG)
SF - Mike Dunleavy (7.8 PPG - 3.7 RPG - 2.3 AST)
PF - Troy Murphy (15.3 PPG -8.8 RPG - 1.0 AST)
C - Adonal Foyle (3.9 PPG - 7.7 RPG - 2.1 BLK)

Reserves:

G - Derek Fisher (12.3 PPG - 3.4 APG - 2.8 RPG)
F/C - Chris Taft (3.0 PPG - 2.5 RPG)
F - Zarko Cabarkapa (3.7 PPG - 1.3 RPG)
PG - Aaron Miles (0.4 PPG - 1.2 APG)
G/F - Calbert Cheaney (1.1 PPG - 1.4 RPG)
F/C - Andris Biedrins (1.5 PPG - 2.2 RPG)
PG - Monta Ellis (0.0 PPG - 2.0 APG)
*G/F - Mickael Pietrus (10.5 PPG - 2.8 RPG)

Golden State is 4-2 at home this season, and we are 4-2 on the road, so this should be an evenly matched game. If I was a gambler I would put money down on the Spurs losing this game. I don't think Golden State is all that great of a team, but we aren't playing all that well either as of late, so that's going to bite us in this game. Golden State might be missing one of their best reserves in Mickael Pietrus, which hurts their depth because him and Fisher are the only two guys who play big minutes off the bench. Golden State loves to shoot threes and don't have much of a post game, so that's where they make-or-break themselves. We need to get better ball movement going, because that has disappeared over these last 3-4 games. That's mainly Parker's problem, because he sure is dribbling a lot and turning the ball over a lot too. I would like to see a steady dose of feeding Duncan all game long, but we seem to forget about him over the course of the game.

Prediction: Golden State 98, Spurs 90

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
I was high on GState going into the season, and I like how they match up against us, but I think we win this one. I finally get to watch a game! My basketball season has been so tolling that I haven't been able to watch the last 3 or 4 games. Anyways, we should be able to easily exploit them in the post. Duncan can destroy Foyle and Murphy or any other post they throw our way. The match-up that is key for this game is the PG match-up.BDiddy should be able to take advantage of TP b/c of his size. I think that if he can hassle Parker a bit defensively then the Spurs will be out of synch offensively. Also Davis has a distinct advantage when Parker is guarding him. I think Bdiddy has a 30 point night. If that happens Jrich can't have a big night as well. Its gonna be close with GState having the advantage on the outside but I think Duncan pulls us through in this one.

Prediction:
Spurs 99
GState 94

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
ThE RoC SOIlD PlAN To BeaT ThE WaRRioRS

take them serious- these warriors remind me some what of the sonics of last yr wich we had trouble with them, we need to treat this team like the mavs or heat. thats been our problem the whole season is getting to cocky in the gm.

rebound,rebound,rebound- we did a good job last gm on this and thats why we won. we cant let anything slip away

spread the floor on offense-this should also help us to make open 3s

keyplayer-parker

105 spurs
98 warriors

10-2 Go Spurs Go(be the first team to get double digits in the w spot)

·
Registered
657 Posts
pietrus has been a solid contributor lately for the warriors and will be missing tonight . i don't think that B.davis will take advantage of T.P and score alot .

98-91 S.A!

·
Registered
752 Posts
I'll go for a Spurs win, assuming Bruce will give Richardson a very hard time. TP and Baron might duel each other again, hopefully Timmay will school the frontcourt of GS big time. I smell a very huge performance from Duncan, something like 30+ pts 10+ rebs 5+ bocks and a W.

105 87 Spurs

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Free Arsenal said:
You guys don't mind if I do a play by play do you?
welcome it and ill be doing stuff also

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Cool, it's just that the clipper forum has their own play by play people lmao. Besides I got uCash on the Spurs tonight.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Free Arsenal said:
Cool, it's just that the clipper forum has their own play by play people lmao. Besides I got uCash on the Spurs tonight.
u becoming a spurs fan?

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
i wasnt gonna do play by play till half but dang were killing them, good job pop

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
were just beating them so bad, this is how we are supposed to be playing this whole season. duncan is catching on fire

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
im loving this

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
wow the announcer for the warriors said im sry thats traveling on parkers drive and they showed a replay and he counted 1,2 and said im sry thats traveling

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
i no i was gonna bet everything i had on this gm and i was to late

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
TheRoc5 said:
i no i was gonna bet everything i had on this gm and i was to late
around 40-45 thousand

1 - 20 of 38 Posts