Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
November 26th, 2005 - 7:30 PM (Central Time)
Chicago Bulls (4-5) @ San Antonio Spurs (10-2)

Previous Meetings:

Spurs 104, Bulls 95

Leaders:

Tim Duncan - 24 points, 16 rebounds
Tony Parker - 22 points, 9 assists
Luol Deng - 19 points, 6 rebounds

Projected Starting Lineup:

PG - Chris Duhon (10.4 PPG - 6.3 APG - 3.5 RPG)
SG - Kirk Hinrich (15.2 PPG - 6.2 APG - 2.2 RPG)
SF - Andres Nocioni (11.1 PPG - 4.4 RPG - 0.9 AST)
PF - Mike Sweetney (12.6 PPG - 8.6 RPG - 1.0 BLK)
C - Tyson Chandler (5.7 PPG - 10.0 RPG - 0.8 BLK)

Reserves:

G - Ben Gordon (13.0 PPG - 2.8 RPG - 2.3 APG)
F - Luol Deng (13.0 PPG - 5.1 RPG)
PF - Othella Harrington (4.4 PPG - 2.3 RPG)
PF - Darius Songaila (3.9 PPG - 2.7 RPG)
G/F - Eric Piatkowski (3.4 PPG - 0.8 RPG)
F/C - Malik Allen (3.0 PPG - 1.0 RPG)
G - Eddie Basden (2.0 PPG - 1.0 RPG)

Projected Starting Lineup:

PG - Tony Parker (21.8 PPG - 5.7 APG - 3.3 RPG)
SG - Manu Ginobili (14.5 PPG - 4.4 RPG - 3.1 APG)
SF - Bruce Bowen (7.5 PPG - 3.1 RPG - 1.7 APG)
PF - Tim Duncan (21.5 PPG - 12.0 RPG - 2.6 BLK)
C - Rasho Nesterovic (5.7 PPG - 4.0 RPG - 0.9 BPG)

Reserves:

PG - Nick Van Exel (6.3 PPG - 2.0 APG - 1.7 RPG)
G/F - Michael Finley (7.7 PPG - 3.7 RPG - 1.4 APG)
F/C -Robert Horry (5.8 PPG - 4.5 RPG - 1.3 APG)
C - Nazr Mohammed (4.2 PPG - 3.4 RPG)
G/F - Brent Barry (2.8 PPG - 1.3 RPG - 1.7 APG)
F/C - Fabricio Oberto (2.4 PPG - 2.9 RPG)
PG - Beno Udrih (2.6 PPG - 1.7 APG)

The Bulls haven't played very well this season, because their defense isn't playing as well and their offense struggles without a true go-to guy. What they do have is a balanced attack though, with 6 guys averaging double figures in scoring. The Bulls are a very gritty team, but the Spurs should handle them pretty well in the SBC Center. Skiles probably has put a huge focus on stopping Parker, so I'm hoping that Manu will step up and have a nice offensive game. I also want to see some production off the bench, because Chicago has two of their best players coming off the bench, so we can't fall too far behind in bench production. Ball movement is key once again, and stopping Ben Gordon and/or Kirk Hinrich is the other key. Both guys like to shoot jumpers, so the perimeter D has to be ready to go.

Prediction: Spurs 98, Bulls 87

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
I'm not too concerned about Chitown. They have been playing like **** this year(at least compared to last years team). I think they are missing EC more than they thought they would. Gordon and Nocioni are the only guys that I'm worried could give us trouble.

Back w the prediction later.

Reactions: KokoTheMonkey

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
The ROC SoiLd PlaN TO BeaT ThE bulls
hit the 3- this is very important in this gm, we have to hit the 3 to let duncan do his work in the 2nd half with the bulls interior d

energy- we have to atleast match them in energy, we are the better team but when this team lacks energy we tend to play on a lesser level

speed up the gm- the bulls can play half court very well so were gonna need to speed it up in a up temp game

key player- manu

Spurs 100
Bulls 90
11-2 Go Spurs Go

*also look for oberto to play some in this game

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Last I saw we were down 59-56. I never thought we'd be in that kind of position. Now I have the game on since family is finally gone.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
We are still losing by 3. But TD is starting to do good now.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
We are sucking *** on defense. And I've only watched 3 or 4 possessions.

Ginobili with the 3 tho!

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
We are allowing too much penetration. They are getting easy layup after easy layup. Bowen has had two wide open 3 point looks that he shouldn't have passed up and we just aren't playing smart on offense.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
man so sad and im a little angry with them

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha, I had to wait awhile before posting in this damn thread, because I am very upset, to say the least.

I said it, it was only a matter of time before we started losing these games where our team is "taking it easy" and not playing good ball for 4 quarters. Someone on this team get motivated for crying out loud and stop with this "wait until the playoffs" bull freakin crap that we are always hearing about. I'm about to start calling out Manu too. He's better than what he's been playing, but obviously for him it's not a matter of effort, so I'm not sure what's going on with that.

Might as well continue my rant. In the paragraph I wrote in the first post of this thread, I mentioned Chicago doesn't have a big-time go-to scorer, but they do have a balanced attack, and they butchered us with that balanced attack. Another thing I mentioned is that we would have to bridge the gap in bench production since Deng and Gordon come off the bench for them, and we sure as hell didn't accomplish that.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
KokoTheMonkey said:
Haha, I had to wait awhile before posting in this damn thread, because I am very upset, to say the least.

I said it, it was only a matter of time before we started losing these games where our team is "taking it easy" and not playing good ball for 4 quarters. Someone on this team get motivated for crying out loud and stop with this "wait until the playoffs" bull freakin crap that we are always hearing about. I'm about to start calling out Manu too. He's better than what he's been playing, but obviously for him it's not a matter of effort, so I'm not sure what's going on with that.

Might as well continue my rant. In the paragraph I wrote in the first post of this thread, I mentioned Chicago doesn't have a big-time go-to scorer, but they do have a balanced attack, and they butchered us with that balanced attack. Another thing I mentioned is that we would have to bridge the gap in bench production since Deng and Gordon come off the bench for them, and we sure as hell didn't accomplish that.
koko its not the end of the world but i do know where your comming from, like my avatar says where underacheiving at 10-3 so we can do better and we will. for now on i think our team will play like they should. look for the next 10 gms to be like 9-1. dallas game will be a key. if you beat the lakers like we should and beat dallas we will be back on track. lets take one game at a time

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's not the end of the world, but that doesn't mean I should be thrilled. I would just like to see the guys play with more meaning, instead of just casually approaching these games. How many games would this team lose if they showed up and played hard every night?

I know I'm a little too competitive for my own good sometimes, but my expectations for this team are really high.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts