Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
We Just Wanna Chill
12,088 Posts
^^ i actually miss that rivalry. Anyways, heres hoping Walker doesnt have another off night, SVG not getting out-coached again, Payton not stepping out of bounds, doleac to have an immediate impact from the bench, J-Will and Posey to keep hitting those threes. If they lose again in crunch time, im going to find myself a gun :rocket:

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
winning this one I will feel a lot better about losing to the magic and raptors.

I just hate the knicks so much, that even beating this mediocre team will feel damn good and take away the pain from those embarassing losses.

now if we lose to the knicks............ lets just say whole different story

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Think positive...

another loss = some more bandwagon fans out of here

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And honestly,

I hope we get the #2 seed.

The #1 seed will get either Indy or Detroit in the 2nd round more than likely. 2nd seed would get Philly more than likely.

The best scenario would be Cleveland gets hot and wins the central. That would give them the #1 (assuming they finish better than us), putting Detroit and Indy and #4 and #5. Wishful thinking though...

·
Registered
809 Posts
I've been hoping they'll get the #2 seed for a while now. If they get the #1 seed, they will most like have to face *both* Detroit AND Indiana to get to the Finals:

Worst-case Scenario (6-8 seeds are currently up in the air)
1. Miami v 8th seed => v 4/5 seed => v 2/7 seed => NBA Finals
2. Detroit/Indiana v 7th seed
3. Philadelphia v 6th seed
4. Indiana/Detroit v 5th seed
5. Cleveland v 4th seed
6. Washington v 3rd seed
7. New Jersey v 2nd seed
8. New York v 1st seed

Here, Miami would have to face their rivals, the Knicks (And LB), in the first round, and probably have to face Indiana/Detroit (who I would bet would beat Cleveland) in the semis and Detroit/Indiana in the conference finals. That's a difficult road that probably ends up with them playing the Spurs, so it doesn't ever get easy.

Best-case Scenario
1. Detroit/Indiana
2. Miami
3. Philly
4. Indiana/Detroit
5. Cleveland
6. Washington
7. New Jersey
8. New York

Here, assuming everything goes to plan, Detroit and Indiana will battle amongst themselves, leaving Miami with only one of them to face in the second and third rounds. It would probably end up going New Jersey=>Washington (look familiar?)=>Detroit again. But I wouldn't be surprised if Indiana finally defeats Detroit this year, nor if Philly beats Washington.

Who knows what will happen, though.

·
Banned
66 Posts
I want the first seed. But I doubt will get it. If you are a Championship material, you should not worry about others, you just do you, and you be aight.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
well, facing the atlantic winner would be nice in the second round

the only problem is we are not playing for the second round and with this heat team especially that plays inconsistantly on the road, homecourt is very important. Get first seed and play on the home floor.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Shaq_Diesel said:
Think positive...

another loss = some more bandwagon fans out of here
Well put. But I'd rather get another win under our belt.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
zo is such BEAST

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
wow big lead...expect our youngins to start playing, great game for everyone, cept walker...i guess another off game..

·
Registered
227 Posts
nothing too worry about heat fans this game is a torchhhhhhhhhh and its already been lit

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
65 in the 1st half

Wade 23 pts with 14 FTA

Zo w/ 4 blocks in the 1st half too...

hopefully we wrap this up in the 3rd and play the youngsters in the 4th

1 - 20 of 39 Posts