Discussion Starter #1
Thursday, November 29, 2012 | 8:00 pm | TV: TNT/Sun Sports

@

Probable Starting Lineups

·
Registered
45,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Spurs play tonight in Orlando. The game against us will be their 4th in 5 nights, while the Heat have been off since Saturday.

Update on Battier:
Michael Wallace ‏@WallaceNBA_ESPN
Spoelstra said Battier (knee) didn't practice today and is doubtful, as expected for Thursday's game vs Spurs.

·
Wiltside
20,390 Posts
I had a dream Battier didn't start, but came in in the last two minutes and won us the game. It was weird.

Any word if Pop is maintenancing any of the stars tonight? He tends to zig when folks think he'll zag.

·
Registered
45,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He didnt rest anyone tonight. They are up 14 at the half in Orlando. Duncan and Parker might be under 30 minutes again though with a strong 3rd quarter.

·
Registered
45,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jeff McDonald ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN
Spurs are 29-4 in last 33 regular-season road games, best such stretch in NBA history.
A simple list of facts: 1) Spurs' game tomorrow in MIA will be fourth in five nights, and end of nine-night road trip ...

2) The team will not get back to SA until 4 a.m. or so on Friday.

3) The Spurs play a super-physical Memphis team at home on Saturday, a pretty short turnaround when you factor in travel.

4) Gregg Popovich is notoriously hyper-aware when it comes to managing his veteran's minutes/fatigue.

·
Wiltside
20,390 Posts
@tomhaberstroh Wow: Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and Danny Green OUT for Spurs-Heat tonight, per @JMcDonald_SAEN.
****! We're gonna play like shit.

So they're without their Big 3, Kawhi Leonard, Stephen Jackson, and Danny Green.

Matt Bonner, Tiago Splitter, DeJuan Blair, Boris Diaw, Gary Neal, Patty Mills...Nando DeColo...what else do they have?

Looks like Shane won't play, so...we're even?

·
Registered
45,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^Beat me to it :banned:

They obviously went all-in on the easier games. Might depend how many minutes the stars play tonight.
They did just that. No Duncan, Parker, Manu or Danny Green tonight. This to go along with already missing Jackson and Leonard..

·
Wiltside
20,390 Posts
This is clearly Pop saying "Hey NBA! **** your TNT night scheduling bullshit. **** your 4 games in 5 nights on the road when the home team has had 4 days off. Enjoy Tiago Splitter."

·
Registered
45,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Again, I wish we werent the ones playing tonight. Would be much more entertaining for me if Chuck was calling a game that didnt involve the Heat.

·
Registered
45,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rashard Lewis will start for Shane. Much easier decision to make with Duncan out.

Spurs starts

De Colo
Mills
Bonner
Diaw
Splitter

Interesting lineup. No Butler or Neal in the starting lineup even though they're short-handed. Will not for a second doubt Pop though.

·
Registered
45,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ray says he'll play
Chris Tomasson ‏@christomasson
Ray Allen just told me he's playing for Heat tonite despite having some back pains earlier in day and Erik Spoelstra unsure of his status

1 - 20 of 174 Posts