Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Rip City
Joined
·
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
@


Team Records

New Jersey Nets 6-7 @ Denver Nuggets 8-6

Time: 9:00 PM ET Monday, November 28, 2005
TV: YES Network, Altitude.
Location: Pepsi Center, Denver, Colorado

New Jersey Nets



Projected New Jersey Nets Starting Lineup
PG - 5 Jason Kidd 6-4 210 3/23/73 11 California
SG - 15 Vince Carter 6-6 220 1/26/77 7 North Carolina
SF - 24 Richard Jefferson 6-7 225 6/21/80 4 Arizona
PF - 35 Jason Collins 7-0 255 12/2/78 4 Stanford
C - 12 Nenad Krstic 7-0 240 7/25/83 1 None

New Jersey Nets Reserves
44 Marc Jackson FC 6-10 253 1/16/75 5 Temple
0 Jeff McInnis G 6-4 179 10/22/74 9 North Carolina
30 Clifford Robinson FC 6-10 240 12/16/66 16 Connecticut
11 Jacque Vaughn PG 6-1 190 2/11/75 8 Kansas
43 Linton Johnson SF 6-8 225 6/13/80 2 Tulane

New Jersey Nets Players Stats:



New Jersey Nets Head Coach:

Lawrence Frank

------------------------------------------------------------

Denver Nuggets



Projected Denver Nuggets Starting Lineup
PG - 24 Andre Miller 6-2 205 3/19/76 Utah
SG - 3 DerMarr Johnson 6-9 201 5/5/80 Cincinnati
SF - 15 Carmelo Anthony 6-8 230 5/29/84 Syracuse
PF - 6 Kenyon Martin 6-9 240 12/30/77 Cincinnati
C - 23 Marcus Camby 6-11 230 3/22/74 Massachusetts

Denver Nuggets Reserves
11 Earl Boykins PG 5-5 133 6/2/76 Eastern Michigan
56 Francisco Elson C 7-0 235 2/28/76 California
21 Eduardo Najera F 6-8 220 7/11/76 Oklahoma
7 Greg Buckner SG 6-4 205 9/16/76 Clemson
43 Linas Kleiza F 6-8 245 1/3/85 Missouri
8 Earl Watson PG 6-1 195 6/12/79 UCLA

Denver Nuggets Players Stats:



Denver Nuggets Head Coach:
George Karl

Out of game due to Injuries
Camby (bruised right leg) is probable
31 Nene Hilario FC 6-11 260 9/13/82 None
9 Bryon Russell GF 6-7 225 12/31/70 Long Beach State

-----------------------------------------------------------

New Jersey Nets fans and Nuggets fans get in! :banana:

Nets fans you are more than welcomed to share your thoughts about the up coming game against the Nuggets! Nuggets fans it's almost game time. :clap:

I have already predicted a win for the Nuggets in this game, and I'm sticking to my guns. The Nets are a team IMO so far this season underachieving some what. However they just picked up a nice win on the road tonight against the Lakers. Before that they had been struggling. The Nuggets as we all know have been playing much better, and always seem to play good at home under Karl. I'm excpecting a good game from the Nets, and hope the Nuggets take care of business.

A few match up's I'm looking foward to are. Carmelo against Jefferson, and Kidd against Miller.

Good luck Nets fans! And Let's go Nuggets!
 

·
Volleyball Coach
Joined
·
24,902 Posts
I just hope Kenyon isn't too amped for this game. He tends to have problems when he gets over amped for a game, especially in picking up early fouls.
 

·
Rip City
Joined
·
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cpawfan said:
I just hope Kenyon isn't too amped for this game. He tends to have problems when he gets over amped for a game, especially in picking up early fouls.
If Camby is out again then we are going to really need Kenyon (if feeling fine) to play a key role holding off Jackson and Krstic in the paint. Also I know Coach Karl loves playing his players against their former teams. I do agree with you though cpawfan, I can see Kenyon being really amped up for this game. You know he wants to make a statement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,497 Posts
The biggest matchup to watch will be Kidd/Miller. For Denver to win this game, they need to run, run, run...but also will need to post up Miller more often.

He's arguably the best post up PG in the league, and with a smaller J. Kidd in the post, who's NOT a great post player, Denver really should try to utilize the mismatch.

Overall, I think Denver has too much overall talent for NJ, too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,856 Posts
can't wait to see a Carmelo/VInce matchup!!
 

·
Volleyball Coach
Joined
·
24,902 Posts
darth-horax said:
The biggest matchup to watch will be Kidd/Miller. For Denver to win this game, they need to run, run, run...but also will need to post up Miller more often.

He's arguably the best post up PG in the league, and with a smaller J. Kidd in the post, who's NOT a great post player, Denver really should try to utilize the mismatch.

Overall, I think Denver has too much overall talent for NJ, too.
Kidd is 6 foot 4 and is bigger and stronger than Dre.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
VC_15 said:
can't wait to see a Carmelo/VInce matchup!!
hmmm i think it will be melo and rj.



in other news, i think think the two big men (Kenyon and camby) will come up big in this game.We also need to shut down Vince as much as we can.

Good luck nuggets and nets!
 

·
Rip City
Joined
·
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
#15DENVER#6NUGGETS#23 said:
hmmm i think it will be melo and rj.



in other news, i think think the two big men (Kenyon and camby) will come up big in this game.We also need to shut down Vince as much as we can.

Good luck nuggets and nets!
Yes I also believe that it will be Carmelo and Jefferson guarding each other. DerMarr will have his hands full with Carter.

I agree, in that I excpect the time off to help Camby, and Martin for this up coming game. So they should be able to take care of the paint for the Nuggets.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,497 Posts
cpawfan said:
Kidd is 6 foot 4 and is bigger and stronger than Dre.
That's what the media guide tells you. Trust me...I'm 6'3", and I've met both J.Kidd and Dre.

Dre is taller and wider than Kidd ever could dream of being. In all reality, Dre is closer to 6'4",and Kidd is closer to 6'1".

Funny thing is that we list Vo Lenard as 6'4", and I'm taller than he is...but we list Dre at 6'2", and I was looking up at him.

Weird-o-rama...
 

·
Rip City
Joined
·
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
darth-horax said:
That's what the media guide tells you. Trust me...I'm 6'3", and I've met both J.Kidd and Dre.

Dre is taller and wider than Kidd ever could dream of being. In all reality, Dre is closer to 6'4",and Kidd is closer to 6'1".

Funny thing is that we list Vo Lenard as 6'4", and I'm taller than he is...but we list Dre at 6'2", and I was looking up at him.

Weird-o-rama...
Very interesting. Because I was also under the impression that Jason Kidd was bigger (height wise) than Andre Miller.

I'll be watching them tonight to see if the height difference is that noticeable. I always thought Jason Kidd and Miller were close to the same build though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,595 Posts
Wow. Very nice job on the Game Thread. I think Jason Kidd will clearly take advantage over Andre Miller. The SF matchup will be the most entertaining this game, because the Denver Nuggets are putting Dermarr Johnson at SG. The Richard Jefferson-Carmelo Anthony matchup is going to be a very entertaining matchup.

Is Kenyon playing this game? Is Camby playing this game?
 

·
Rip City
Joined
·
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dooch said:
Wow. Very nice job on the Game Thread. I think Jason Kidd will clearly take advantage over Andre Miller. The SF matchup will be the most entertaining this game, because the Denver Nuggets are putting Dermarr Johnson at SG. The Richard Jefferson-Carmelo Anthony matchup is going to be a very entertaining matchup.

Is Kenyon playing this game? Is Camby playing this game?
Thanks Dooch.... As for Kidd he certainly should have the advantage. However things may really even out through the game because fatigue could set in Kidd after last nights OT win against the Lakers. Also the altitude seems to bother a lot of players who don't play in Denver.

Camby and Kenyon are a go at this point. Which is great news for us Nuggets fans. Camby has been special so far this year. And as cpawfan pointed out most likely Kenyon will be amped playing against his former team.

Jefferson is having a great season, and so has Carmelo over all. I'm also really looking foward to this match up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,595 Posts
23AirJordan said:
Thanks Dooch.... As for Kidd he certainly should have the advantage. However things may really even out through the game because fatigue could set in Kidd after last nights OT win against the Lakers. Also the altitude seems to bother a lot of players who don't play in Denver.

Camby and Kenyon are a go at this point. Which is great news for us Nuggets fans. Camby has been special so far this year. And as cpawfan pointed out most likely Kenyon will be amped playing against his former team.

Jefferson is having a great season, and so has Carmelo over all. I'm also really looking foward to this match up.
Vince Carter should definitely be used to the altitude in Denver, when he was in the All Star Game last year and did that highlight dunk off the backboard to himself. :biggrin: Your frontcourt has clearly the advantage over our frontcourt, but if Nenad Krstic gets going which he is capable of doing then we may have somewhat of a contest. Nenad Krstic is really foul prone, so he has to be cautious and limit his fouls. Jason Collins is decent on the defensive end and has his moments.
 

·
Rip City
Joined
·
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dooch said:
Vince Carter should definitely be used to the altitude in Denver, when he was in the All Star Game last year and did that highlight dunk off the backboard to himself. :biggrin: Your frontcourt has clearly the advantage over our frontcourt, but if Nenad Krstic gets going which he is capable of doing then we may have somewhat of a contest. Nenad Krstic is really foul prone, so he has to be cautious and limit his fouls. Jason Collins is decent on the defensive end and has his moments.
Krstic has had his moments. I was impressed with him last year in the playoffs. I haven't followed him this season at all. The first game I watched the Nets closely was last night against the Lakers. And the two players that stood out the most to me were Jason Kidd, and Jeff McInnis. The McInnis play really suprised me. All I had remembered about him was what transpired in Cleveland. However after watching McInnis, I realized he can really play.

When I look at our over all roster (Nuggets) to the Nets over all roster. I give the advantage to the Nuggets. For all the injuries the Nuggets have suffered this season we are still a very deep team. One guy I do like for the Nets in the front court is Mark Jackson. He plays with a lot of tenacity. This should be an interesting game to watch unfold tonight. Good luck to you guys, I hope it turns out to be a good game.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,595 Posts
23AirJordan said:
Krstic has had his moments. I was impressed with him last year in the playoffs. I haven't followed him this season at all. The first game I watched the Nets closely was last night against the Lakers. And the two players that stood out the most to me were Jason Kidd, and Jeff McInnis. The McInnis play really suprised me. All I had remembered about him was what transpired in Cleveland. However after watching McInnis, I realized he can really play.

When I look at our over all roster (Nuggets) to the Nets over all roster. I give the advantage to the Nuggets. For all the injuries the Nuggets have suffered this season we are still a very deep team. One guy I do like for the Nets in the front court is Mark Jackson. He plays with a lot of tenacity. This should be an interesting game to watch unfold tonight. Good luck to you guys, I hope it turns out to be a good game.
Nenad Krstic's mid-range game could be an advantage for us especially if he gets wide-open jumpers. Jeff McInnis has been having solid outings for us and I love his tear-drops in the lane. Marc Jackson you mean, people get the spelling mixed up Mark Jackson is the New Jersey Nets' commentator on the YES Network. The guy that has suprised me the most, coming off of the bench is Earl Boykins, he has heart. Good luck to you guys on tonight's game also. :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
LETS GO DENVER
is camby playing or not?
i think dermarr is a pretty good defender personally
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,694 Posts
good fight to try and comeback by Denver without Melo I hope he'll be back in a few days
 

·
Charge!
Joined
·
3,922 Posts
Andre Miller came one assist away from posting one the wirdest triple doubles I have seen in a long time - 10 points, 10 rebounds and 9 assists with 6 steals but no field goals on 0-10 shooting.

It looks like that tough first quarter deficit was just too hard to overcome tonight. I know what it is like - my Sonics have been playing from behind all season long.

G-Force
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top