Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

TV/radio: 6:30 p.m., Friday; CSN, WMVP-AM 1000.

Series: First meeting. The Bulls won all three last season.

Last meeting: Bulls 107-75 at the United Center on April 26.

Probable starters (PPG):

Kyrie Irving 29; Kirk Hinrich 3

Dion Waiters 17; Richard Hamilton 19

Anderson Varejao 9; Joakim Noah 23

Tristan Thompson 12; Carlos Boozer 18

Alonzo Gee 4; Luol Deng 7

Team averages (Through Wednesday)

Scoring offense: Cavs 94 (12); Bulls 93 (13)

Scoring defense: Cavs 84 (2); Bulls 87 (5)

FG percentage: Cavs .456 (9); Bulls .418 (14)

FT percentage: Cavs .682 (18); Bulls .758 (11)

3-point FG percentage: Cavs .350 (12); Bulls .222 (19)

Rebounding: Cavs 54 (2); Bulls 46 (6)

Turnovers: Cavs 21 (18); Bulls 18 (12)

·
Premium Member
14,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Game 2: Bulls @ Cavaliers (7pm)

I'm going to boldly proclaim that Kirk Hinrich will shut down Kyrie Irving.... and probably shoot 2/8 in the process.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts

Very interesting matchup here.

Irving will get his, you can dream on about Hinrich shutting him down. I really see Boozer doing bad things to Tristan Thompson though. Noah and Varejao will be interesting after both had stellar starts to the season.

Close game, I just think the explosiveness Cleveland has getting to the basket might be a little too much for Rip and Hinrich to contain. Cavs take it, 96-92.

·
Administrator
68,864 Posts

I don't expect us to win this game, but I sure would appreciate it.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Cleveland doesn't strike me as a tough game... Looking at match ups, I actually like our chances. Yes Irving will get his, but that has nothing to do with Kirk... He's always going to get his.

Boozer should be able to have a good game... And RIP and Deng also have good match up. The Bulls also seem to have the advantage in depth.

Bulls win... 91-86

Sent from my SGH-T999 using VerticalSports.Com App

·
Premium Member
14,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
32-16 after one... we're shooting a super high percentage which can't last, but defensively we've done a solid job.

·
Registered
799 Posts
60-35 to start the second half. Bulls are playing great team basketball. Good shooting and good defense.

I said before, this team, without DRose, can win the Central. Mostly because all of the other teams are garbage, but also because of the style of play Thibs has this team running.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using VerticalSports.Com App

·
Premium Member
14,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Very interesting matchup here.

Irving will get his, you can dream on about Hinrich shutting him down. I really see Boozer doing bad things to Tristan Thompson though. Noah and Varejao will be interesting after both had stellar starts to the season.

Close game, I just think the explosiveness Cleveland has getting to the basket might be a little too much for Rip and Hinrich to contain. Cavs take it, 96-92.
15 points on 40% shooting, though it has mostly been Nate Robinson running the point.

·
Premium Member
14,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This was a good old fashioned ass kicking in pretty much every facet of the game. We shot 63% to their 40%... Robinson, Hamilton and Boozer were all super efficient... we had 34 dimes on 44 makes. The ball moved well on offense, we played a solid transition game... defensively we were active and disruptive.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
I liked the play between Boozer and Noah. They are playing a lot better together than they did last year. However, it will be a better test when the Bulls play a team with good defensive "Bigs".

I thought Hamilton was the other key. He really played well, moving with and without the ball and hitting some nice shots.

The biggest suprise (for me) was Robinson getting 12 assists.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts