Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHEN: 7:30 p.m. Saturday.

WHERE: BMO Harris Bradley Center.

BROADCASTS: TV - FS Wisconsin. Radio - AM-620.

ABOUT THE CLIPPERS: The glittering team in Los Angeles is the Clippers, not the Lakers. The Clippers enter Saturday's game with an eight-game winning streak, the first time the team has done that since the 1991-'92 season. This is the third game on a four-game trip and the Clippers already have won at Chicago and Charlotte. Point guard Chris Paul, in his second year with the team, is averaging 16.3 points, 9.1 assists and 2.59 steals. Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan are rim-rockers and Griffin paces the team in scoring at 18.2 points while playing just 33 minutes per game. Racine native Caron Butler is starting at small forward and shooting 43.8% from three-point range. The bench has been a strong point, featuring Jamal Crawford, Eric Bledsoe and Matt Barnes. Crawford leads all bench scorers in the NBA at 17.1 points per game.
LINEUPS

PROBABLE CLIPPERS STARTERS

G Willie Green, 6-3, Detroit

G Chris Paul, 6-0, Wake Forest

F Caron Butler, 6-7, Connecticut

F DeAndre Jordan, 6-11, Texas A&M

C Blake Griffin, 6-10, Oklahoma

Coach: Vinny Del Negro (third season, 88-82; fifth overall, 170-164).

Injury report: Chauncey Billups (left foot tendinitis), Grant Hill (right knee bone bruise) and Trey Thompkins (left knee bone bruise) are out.

PROBABLE BUCKS STARTERS

G Monta Ellis, 6-3, Lanier (Miss.)

G B. Jennings, 6-1, Oak Hill (Va.)

F Marquis Daniels, 6-6, Auburn

F Luc Mbah a Moute, 6-8, UCLA

C Larry Sanders, 6-11, VCU

Coach: Scott Skiles (fifth season, 158-175; 13th overall, 439-426).

Injury report: Beno Udrih (sprained right ankle) and Tobias Harris (right elbow laceration) are out. Mike Dunleavy (left knee bone bruise) is questionable.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/183606751.html

·
Premium Member
9,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Butler on his injuries of injuries at the Bradley Center;

R
acine native Caron Butler likes to come home, don't get him wrong.

But playing against the Bucks in Milwaukee has been a nightmare for the Los Angeles Clippers forward. Butler will try again when the Clippers, winners of eight straight games, meet the Bucks, winners of four in a row, on Saturday night.

He has been injured three times at the BMO Harris Bradley Center, including suffering a ruptured right patella tendon in a game on Jan. 1, 2011, when he was with the Dallas Mavericks. He missed the rest of the season and the Mavericks' run to the NBA championship.

"I'm going to pray in all type of different languages and ways before I step on the court, because the last three times I've been here I've had some crazy luck," Butler said after the Clippers' shootaround at Marquette's Al McGuire Center.

"I need a voodoo doctor and everything out there."

Butler said he anticipates a strong support group of friends and family members, "a couple hundred, probably."

But will his mom be able to watch?

"The last couple years, my grandmother and my mom are like, 'You sure you're going to play here this time around? You can sit out that game or something.'

"I was like, 'No, I've got to play. I could get hurt anywhere.'"
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/183643321.html

·
Premium Member
14,320 Posts
On the topic of Caron Butler, I was at a City Council meeting in Racine a while back where they mentioned that he had donated a chunk of money to help fund some neighborhood festival... I always like it when guys give back to their community, so I thought that was pretty solid of him.

·
Mammal
2,299 Posts
That's pretty awesome. Kudos Caron Butler, whose name I just misspelled into google as "Carbon Butler", which would be a most badass name.

·
Premium Member
9,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On the topic of Caron Butler, I was at a City Council meeting in Racine a while back where they mentioned that he had donated a chunk of money to help fund some neighborhood festival... I always like it when guys give back to their community, so I thought that was pretty solid of him.
He is a good guy. And he still has tons of family in the area. I don't know if he still comes back and spends part of the summer here, but he was still doing that just a few years ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts