Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LA Lakers 9-13 (Road: 2-7) 8:00pm ET
New York 16-5 (Home: 8-0) TV: TNT​

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
Kobe drops 50+ points and Dwight gets at least 20 rebounds.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Tough test for LA. I see them as a team that plays to the level of their competition, so it should be a close game.

I'm going with LA since they have to break out of their funk at some point. Could easily see the Knicks handing them a loss though.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Yall saw JR Smith's trash talking on Twitter last night?

This is going to be a good one!

·
Rookie of the Year
118 Posts
During current losing streak they've lost by 6, 7, 6 basically two posessions. The first loss was on the road vs OKC the best team in the conference imo, and they do have the best record in the NBA. The Lakers are very capable of turning this around, especially when Nash and Gasol get back. I'm pissed but I remain optimistic. Dantoni needs to adjust to what the current personnel is. Trades are also a possibility.

Lakers at Knicks TNT

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
effort and intensity is their problem and one they can decide to do something about - it's just so frustrating to watch them keep coming out flat

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
D'Antoni is finally doing what he should have from the jump. Just play whoever wants to hustle regardless of position.

And they need to cut some of this dead weight

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I'm sorry, but Dantoni should be fired. Damn you Jim Buss.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I think the coaching changes have all but put a conclusion to LAL's season. I mean, even if we fire Dantoni and get someone else, it will be another adjustment period. This team has the talent to be #1 but they will be lucky to get past the first round; hell at this point they will be lucky to make the playoffs.

Nash and Gasol will help ignite the offense, but that will be irrelevant as long as the team plays Dantoni defense.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
I think the coaching changes have all but put a conclusion to LAL's season. I mean, even if we fire Dantoni and get someone else, it will be another adjustment period. This team has the talent to be #1 but they will be lucky to get past the first round; hell at this point they will be lucky to make the playoffs.

Nash and Gasol will help ignite the offense, but that will be irrelevant as long as the team plays Dantoni defense.
Seriously, I don't watch a lot of Lakers' games, but from what I've seen ... there's no difference in the way they play now then when they played for Brown. Personally, I believe they should just play ball and forget about who they like don't like playing with. Ignore Kobe, he no longer carries any weight with the team.

Play ball ... street ball, whatever. What can D'Antonio do ... bench who (that would make a difference).

It's just basketball.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts