Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bucks (13-10) vs. Memphis Grizzlies (16-6).

WHEN: 8:30 p.m. Wednesday.

WHERE: FedExForum.

BROADCASTS:TV - ESPN. Radio - AM-620.

ABOUT THE GRIZZLIES: Memphis snapped a three-game skid with a 99-86 road victory against Utah and followed up by defeating the Chicago Bulls at home, 80-71, on Monday. The Grizzlies are off to the best start in franchise history despite playing the league's ninth-most difficult schedule so far. Memphis now leads the league in points allowed per game (90.0). Grizzlies forward Zach Randolph ranks second in the NBA in rebounding (12.7) and leads the NBA in double-doubles (18). Mike Conley is averaging 14 points and shooting 42.7% from three-point distance and is third in the league in steals at 2.38 per game.
LINEUPS

PROBABLE GRIZZLIES STARTERS

G Tony Allen, 6-4, Oklahoma State

G Mike Conley, 6-1, Ohio State

F Rudy Gay, 6-8, Connecticut

F Zach Randolph, 6-9, Michigan State

C Marc Gasol, 7-1, Spain

Coach: Lionel Hollins (seventh season, 174-181).

Injury report: None.

PROBABLE BUCKS STARTERS

G Monta Ellis, 6-3, Lanier (Miss.)

G Brandon Jennings, 6-1, Oak Hill (Va.)

F Marquis Daniels, 6-6, Auburn

F Luc Mbah a Moute, 6-8, UCLA

C Larry Sanders, 6-11, VCU

Coach: Scott Skiles (fifth season, 159-176; 13th overall, 440-427).

Injury report: Beno Udrih (sprained right ankle) and Tobias Harris (right elbow laceration) are out.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/184057201.html

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
I nearly shit myself when i saw we had a nationally televised game, and against memphis of all teams. Usually they pair us with a new york or la to carry the ratings for them.

·
Mammal
2,299 Posts
Jennings on his future during a segment during the broadcast, "I'm basically auditioning for everyone else". We're missing layups, we're taking the stupidest shots, and being made the laughing stock of the announcers.

It's hard to even feign support for this club anymore. It's obvious that the team, including the players, buys into the hype that goes along with them being featured on national TV. They're letting it get to their heads.

·
Mammal
2,299 Posts
Oh, not at all, although based off what we're seeing tonight I definitely see where you're coming from. Tonight's the anomaly.

Usually Monta's the guy making plays when we need them most; he's far more consistent than Jennings, and together they're the highest scoring backcourt in the league. For a good look of what we're cheering for when everything is clicking, last night's win over the Pacers is a good example:

·
Premium Member
9,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I nearly shit myself when i saw we had a nationally televised game, and against memphis of all teams. Usually they pair us with a new york or la to carry the ratings for them.
I wonder why the game was picked myself.

Not surprised by the outcome. Bucks just don't have the right kind of talent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts