at
Los Angeles Lakers (22-11, 2nd Place)

Can the Lakers win 2 straight?

Monday, Jan. 12
7:00 pm
vs. Cavaliers
TV: TNT
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330

KoKobe Bryant and the Lakers host LeBron James and Cleveland next.

Probable Lineups:

Payton, Medvedenko, Grant, Bryant, George
vs.

James, Boozer, Ilgauskas, Brown, Williams
</center>

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Grant might not play due to family emergency

Frontcourt Gets Even Thinner

Jackson also said that power forward Horace Grant had left the club to tend to his ailing father.
Grant notified the Lakers on Sunday morning that he'd left Los Angeles, according to Jackson. John Black, team spokesman, said he thought Grant had gone to Atlanta after receiving a telephone call from his sister that their father was taken to an Atlanta-area emergency room.

It is, then, fortuitous for the Lakers that 6-foot-11 Jamal Sampson, 6-8 Luke Walton and 6-9 Brian Cook have been getting playing time lately, because the Lakers' starting frontcourt against the Cavaliers could be 6-8 Devean George at small forward, 6-10 Slava Medvedenko at power forward and Sampson at center. The Cavaliers start 6-9 Carlos Boozer, 6-8 Eric Williams and 7-3 Zydrunas Ilgauskas across the front.
Include Gary Payton's sinus ailment — he sat out Saturday and practiced Sunday, but Jackson did not believe he felt well — and the Lakers could have only nine players tonight. The prospect has forced Jackson to consider a glance at the rosters of the National Basketball Development League, if only for 10-day reinforcements, though his expectations for that are low.

"We're probably going to have to sit down and talk about that a little bit," he said.
Well we might get to see the Slava, Cook, Sampson rotation

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
If you guys wouldn't mind murdering Lebron to soften him up for us tomorrow, I WOULD BE VERY THANKFUL

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by <b>Marcus13</b>!
If you guys wouldn't mind murdering Lebron to soften him up for us tomorrow, I WOULD BE VERY THANKFUL
We'll try :)

BTW, if anyone wants me to do pbp tonight.. let me know.. and if I do would anyone be here?

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
I'll miss the first half of this game because of an away basketball game my team is playing tonight.

But I'll get home ASAP and strap on my seatbelt for the 2nd half!:yes:

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good luck tonight Dam (Thats if your on the team, lol)

I might go ahead and do pbp for a while even if nobody is around.. :laugh:

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Brian, do pbp! :yes:

I'll be in school, and i'll have access to the computer, and it'd be nice to read some pbp about the game.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Point Spread, -8 1/2???

My paper here in Jersey has the Lakers as a 8.5 favorite. How can this be. I would be suprised if the Lakers cover. I know the Cavs are a bad road team, and the Lakers have been good at home (mostly with at least 3 of the fab 4), but I see James getting up for this game and Kobe taking too many shots trying to teach him a lesson, and the game going down to the final minute(if the Lakers are to win). This could be a big W tonight, because if Shaq and Malone are still out for the next 2, I don't see them winning.

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Brian34Cook</b>!
Actually I changed my mind :laugh:
That... is... so... evil...

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Down 12-4 early

George: 0-4
Grant: 0-2
Payton: 0-3, 2 pts
Cook: 1-2, 2 Pts, 1 Board
Kobe: 0-0, 0 Pts, 1 Board

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Devean George stinks. He is no better. Jemel, I know you like him, but he is horrible.

He looked good w/ Shaq and Malone, but the guy couldn't create for himself if his life depended on it.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
No he isn't, he is capable of making those shots. I don't know why you waited 30 games into the season when hes in his slump to comment on him again. Nobody ever said he could create shots, but he can hit open shots.

Horace needs to learn how to finish around the basket.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:eek: Kobe hurt.. Shooting 3 free throws.. Kobe has to shoot or he cant come back in.. He's gonna try to shoot em

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rush in for Kobe.. Kobe hurting BAD.. He made all 3 FT's ..

21-19 Cavs after 1st...

Kobe goes to the back

:sigh:

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
George needs to shoot the ball better, or else we gonna continue to struggle w/o Shaq and Malone.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts