Cleveland Cavaliers @ Los Angeles Lakers
Sunday, 13 January 2013
2130H EST
Local Channel: FSOH, TWC SportsNet
National Channel: N/A​

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
We're finishing January 8-2 starting with this game.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I actually have this one written off as a loss. If Gasol plays, I'll give them a +3 margin of victory.

The fact that "the season starts Sunday" reinforces the notion that Dantoni has installed no urgency into this team. No leadership whatsoever. A coach should set measurable goals instead of saying stuff like "well...hopefully we will be good when Nash gets back".

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
I actually have this one written off as a loss. If Gasol plays, I'll give them a +3 margin of victory.

The fact that "the season starts Sunday" reinforces the notion that Dantoni has installed no urgency into this team. No leadership whatsoever. A coach should set measurable goals instead of saying stuff like "well...hopefully we will be good when Nash gets back".
Agreed. Saying shit like "The season starts Sunday" gives every player a free pass for the shitty team effort so far this season.

A real coach would hold the team accountable. Mike D is saying "Meh, no worries guys. We'll win the next one."

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Okay, we all knew the Lakers were not going to fare well during that most recent five-game stretch. Especially since they entered it with a stinker against Philly at home.

But get real, this is Cleveland. They will beat Cleveland.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I forgot that Varejao is out for 8 weeks. I expect Irving and Waiters to have big nights.

I'm not sure LA has enough pieces to win this game. It would be great if Clark turned into an Ariza type player for the team - a player who comes out of nowhere and is able to sustain his performance. However, I expect him to regress to the mean fairly quickly.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
If one of LA's big men is back, they should take this game. If not, they really are just too thin to be the favorite against any team. Sacre starting? Its easily the worst starting frontcourt, by a wide margin.

·
First Round Draft Pick
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pau Gasol (concussion) will not play tonight. Dwight Howard (shoulder) will be re-evaluated before the game tonight.
So there’s a possibility that Howard could return tonight, but we won’t know until pregame at Staples. Gasol will be tested again tomorrow.
-Mike Trudell

1 - 20 of 69 Posts