Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And you thought the Patriots were the only big game in town this week. Well, they are. However, there is a Celtics game tonight. LeBron James and the Cavaliers are in town to visit the Celtics en el Centro de Fleet. The Celts and Cavs have met twice this season, both Celtic victories. The first was a 91-82 victory at home and the second was 105-98 victory on the road. The second Cavs-Celtics meeting was the last game prior to the EWill-Davis trade. In that game Paul Pierce led the way with 41 points (12-25 from the field, 16-18 from the line), 9 rebounds, 4 steals, 2 blocks, and 6 assists. Vin Baker contributed 16 points and 6 boards. Mike James had 13 points and 9 assists. Jiri Welsch had 13 points, but only 2 boards and 2 assists. The Celtics as a team had 22 assists on their 36 baskets. The Cavs were led by LeBron James' 37 points (10-20 from the field, 16-18 from the line), 3 boards, and 4 assists. Carlos Boozer had 17 points, 15 boards, and 4 assists. Darius Miles had 24 points and 8 rebounds.

In the two meetings, LeBron James is averaging 23.5 ppg, 4.0 rpg, and 3.5 apg and shooting 41% frm the field. His first game was awful. Carlos Boozer has been all-star like wih 12.5 ppg, 13.0 rpg, 2.5 apg, 2.0 spg, and 1.5 bpg while shooting 48%. On the bright side, he's only averaging 1.5 offensive boards in the two games. Zydrunas Ilgauskas has been suprising quiet in those two games with 15.5 ppg, 8.0 rpg, a steal, and a block with 50% shooting from the field. The man with bad feet is pulling down an astounding 5.5 offensive boards a game.

Since the trade, Kedrick brown is not playing as well as I thought he would. He's averaged 6.2 ppg, 3.0 rpg, and shooting [email protected] from the field and 42% from three. In his 11 games in the city that rocks, he has not yet attempted a free throw. Tony Battie has played slightly better as Zydrunas' backup with 6.7 ppg, 6.1 rpg, and 44% shooting. Eric Williams has mostly held steady with 11.3 ppg, 3.3 rpg (down from 4.5 with Boston), a steal, and 2.7 apg (up from 1.2). His shooting, however, has fallen a bit from 44% on the parquet to 39% on Cleveland's standard wooden floor.

Most recently, the Celtics played Wednesday night. Mike James led the team in scoring with 21 and also had 5 assists and 5 boards. Paul Pierce had 19, 10 boards, 9 assists, and 9 turnovers. Jiri Welsch had 13 points, 4 rebounds, and 3 assists. Walter McCarty had 12 points, 5 rebounds and shot 3-7 from three and hit his only shot from inside the arc. Ricky Davis ha 12 points and 7 boards and shot 5-9 from the field and 2-2 from the line. Chris Mihm had another terrific game with 11 points on 5-8 shooting, 11 rebounds (5 offensive), 2 assists, and 2 blocks. Vin Baker was serving the first game of his three game suspension for failing to abide by the terms of his rehabilitation.

Cleveland also played Wednesday as they were up in the Canadian lands of Toronto to lose to the Raptors 75-69. In that game LeBron James scored 21 points, but only pulled down 2 boards, and had 5 assists. Zydrunas Ilgauskas was the only other Cav in double figures with 12 points and the rebounds to match, but he shot 5-15 from the field. Eric Williams had 4 points, 2 boards, and 3 assists, but shot a mere 2-8 from the field. Carlos Boozer had 8 points and 6 rebounds, but shot 3-11 from the field. As a team, the Cavs shot 36% from the field, 13% from three, and 67% from the line. They had 12 assists and 13 turnovers.

The Cavs have good rebounders in Boozer and Ilgauskas, but nothing off the bench. The bench as a whole is not particularly astounding as injuries have put Eric Williams in as the starting small forward and Darius Miles is pretty much the best they have off the bench. The Celtics meanwhile have Ricky Davis and Marcus Banks to provide energy and scoring off the bench and have consistently out scored and out played the oppositions bottom seven. Look for more of the same in a Celtics victory tonight.

·
Registered
800 Posts
This game will be a big test for Ricky Davis and an indicator of his maturity! He is going to be really fired up! I just hope he wont look at his personal stats and play team orientated basketball! Also nice to see EWill, Battie and Kedrick alias Michael Curry back in town!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
What did Ricky say today?

The one day I have to work late and all the fun starts.
LMAO Kedrick just hit a 3. I have a feeling we are going to have 3 pretty mad ex Celtics playing tonight trying to kick some butt.

Big John.
Looks like another night of jacking up the 3 and only jacking up the 3.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>lastlaugh</b>!
What did Ricky say today?

The one day I have to work late and all the fun starts.
LMAO Kedrick just hit a 3. I have a feeling we are going to have 3 pretty mad ex Celtics playing tonight trying to kick some butt.

Big John.
Looks like another night of jacking up the 3 and only jacking up the 3.
Is it just me or is Walter getting less time?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Nice win, everyone contributed. Very good all-around game from Ricky Davis. Pierce may actually be "getting it" as a distributor. He made some nice passes tonight.

Once again, don't discount the defense that Welsch played on LeBron James. Mark Blount also played very well.

That is the worst game I have seen Eric Williams play in a long time.

Darius Miles is being showcased for a trade. It they had put Kedrick Brown on Pierce from the outset, it would have been a much closer game.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!
It they had put Kedrick Brown on Pierce from the outset, it would have been a much closer game.
Man, after seeing Brown get the first 3 of the game...everyone MUST know that there is something wrong with this group of coaches we have.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
A VERY nice win. :yes:

I think this team is starting to "mesh" and that is GOOD!

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!
Nice win, everyone contributed. Very good all-around game from Ricky Davis. Pierce may actually be "getting it" as a distributor. He made some nice passes tonight.

Once again, don't discount the defense that Welsch played on LeBron James. Mark Blount also played very well.

That is the worst game I have seen Eric Williams play in a long time.

Darius Miles is being showcased for a trade. It they had put Kedrick Brown on Pierce from the outset, it would have been a much closer game.
Ricky also played decent defense against Lebron. The thing I didn't like was that we left Kapono wide open for threes in the fourth quarter. We played tired at the end and we were lucky that the Cavs couldn't keep up with Pierce.

Also...As Tommy said...Ricky can't play in the box. He trys to back down his opponent rather than going by him for a highlight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts