Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Word is, Pacers were suffering from internal disharmony when the Nets beat them in Indy. Of course, Artest was a total non-factor in the last game. With the Pacers streaking and supposedly harmonious right now, the Nets can make a statement about their place in the EC by beating them again.

Kidd is being over-used again and, on the end of a back-to-back, the Bucks game showed off his limits. With a day off, hopefully Kidd will have recovered.

The intrigue right now is the bench. Over the winning stretch, there seemed to be a nice rhythm developing with Veal, Harris and Pack playing steady, if not spectacular. Now, with Scott returning Rogers and the rookie to the primary back-up roles, the bench is a question mark again.

This game, then the Mavs and Spurs games will be a good test for Scott to find out who can really do what on his bench. Against quality competition, Rogers has a chance to prove he can be more reliable than playing well one game, then turning off his focus for the next ten.

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
artest and oneal got ***** slapped last game so the will come ready, our guard play will have to be stellar...go kittles.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
I hate to be pessimistic, but the only thing I can see in the future is a continuous donward spiral. We have reverted to the way we started the season. Thats two straight games in which we blow a 10+ point lead VERY late in the game. Until a move is made to improve our bench, and maybe even our starting lineup, I dont see us ever being able to turn the corner.

I will continue to plea for an all UMD bench.:gopray:

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very disappointing game. 55 points in the 1st half is pretty amazing against a great defensive team like Indiana. The RJ reverse dunk on the alley-oop was awesome.

The Nets made a nice run to end the 3rd quarter, and then couldn't do anything in the 4th.

Big gamble by Carlisle to keep O'Neal in the game when he picked up his 5th foul 10 seconds into the 4th. It really paid off.

2 games in a row of poor shooting from Kittles.

8 turnovers from K-Mart! Wow.

Decent performance from Rodney, but Lucious gave them nothing off the bench.

Tough one to swallow.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Those are some awesome pictures, thanks for sharing.

-Petey

1 - 12 of 12 Posts